GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 27-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #21
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of
Re: My new toy!

Well seems I've gone on too much about VR and what a great Christmas present this would make so they have all clubbed together and order placed, downside might not be here for crimbo.
fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #22
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

Maggy can I pick your brains, what games have you found good so far with the DK2 and are you using any 3rd party software either free or paid. Have you watched any movies, if so what is that like. Ta.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #23
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Mental Torment Episode 1.
crazy.. i mean... my little bro used the phrase "AGHHH.... what the actual fuck..no no i cant do this"

Live For Speed 2 is ok, (racing)

I've tried a few of the "virtual theaters" but with the lower rez of the DK2 you kinda loose quite a bit of the definition of the film, however i have been using an app called virtual desktop, which besically renders your PC desktop to the rift, and thats ok for watching films.

What i would recommend is staying away from games that have had Rift support "tacked" onto it, like HL2/TF2 as these games tend to make me feel sick quite a bit.

next few days i intend picking up Alien Isolation and trying my rift on it. but I've been away for the last week or so and not on my PC.
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #24
fazer

Manhack

Looked at this for games and 3rd party software http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-rift-games-list/
Good news mine is arriving next week, bad news wifey stictly banned me from using it till christmas day which I'm happy to wait because as she said you wouldn't let the kids have there gifts early.
So in the meantime I have a few weeks to get read up whats good and bad so I will be all set next month.
Old 22-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #25
fazer

Manhack

Hi Maggy, getting close now for me to start using mine, and tips best games, apps etc?, do you use VorpX? or have you simply stopped using it?
Old 22-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #26
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

virtual desktop is a must. nothing like playing wow on a 50ft screen.

haven't used VorpX.

but aliens isolation is an a must as well, i did pick it up, played it on my rift (xbox controller is needed as its the only way to remap the centerpoint of the rift).

and promptly decided "fuck that" and stopped playing. Im a jumpy cunt anyway and it takes it a level i cant deal with.

and yeah i do still crack it out when new demos and shit come out for it.
cant wait till consumer version still
Old 23-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #27
Maggy

Bullsquid

also just busted out EvilMech Runner
https://share.oculus.com/app/evilmech-runner

Very good example of alternate control methods.
found myself tired out and sweating. but i hadnt noticed untill i stopped as i was too busy running away from the evil mech