GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat

GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat GameOn LAN Parties.

Old 19-03-2001, 01:13 PM   #1
Glyndwr

Manhack

Glyndwr is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Thanks For The Tribes MAN LAN

I'd like to thank everyone at the recent GO Lan for such a good weekend. Thanks GO (Rash and Linda) for hosting another success and of coarse the food.

Thanks to all for some most excelent games of Tribes. Tribes 2 is out the weekend of the next lan. So look forward to it. I hope to get mine that weekend. Rash can u post the directions on your site to the nearest EB or PCW for the lan so we can get there easy. Otherwise I'm up for some big games of Tribes.

I would also like to put some controvesy to bed. I have seen Blind of VvV play in person. I have come to the conclusion that he either cheats online or is not used to a lan. The mid field positions he commanded this lan were not expected. U decide.

lol Blind, I'll put my big spoon away now. U have to come to Burton to defend yourself now. Cya there.

G.

Glyndwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2001, 01:23 PM   #2
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Nicely summed up G.

I'll probably be grabbing a copy of Tribes2 that weekend also.

Rash , hows about wangling a deal with the local EB , or Game for Tribes2. Maybe you could do the same for some joysticks, Im sure a few people will want them after getting wh00ped at Crimson Skies

Burton is gonna so own any previous lan.

Quote:
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Mmmm 4 day balls</font>
LMFAO

Colio

------------------
"You can be a King, or a Street Sweeper, but sooner or later, you'll dance with the Grim Reaper!"

[This message has been edited by Colio (edited 19 March 2001).]
Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2001, 01:49 PM   #3
Penno2

Houndeye

Penno2 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh man, I'm soooooo miffed I can't make the next Burton Lan. It'll probably be a riot

Bit sad there wasn't more MW4 at the Lan but lets face it, there was so much other stuff cracking off it didn't seem to matter

Thanks all round folks.

Till next time, Beg Tets signing off.

------------------
_ ____________________ _
Ex Billion, RIP.
Who owns the copyright to the copyright symbol?
Penno2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2001, 02:44 PM   #4
Mayo

Manhack

Mayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enough
Talking

How about maybe pre-ordering a few copies of T2 as I dont know how many copies there will be available.
Also can somone tell me where they have seen the release date for T2 as it is not posted on the Main T2 site ?

(Just imagine walking into game and asking for 30 copies of Tribes 2 )

------------------
Mayo
Alpha-Strike MW4 Clan
www.the-download.co.uk
On the command we will unleash HELL.
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2001, 03:41 PM   #5
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Mayo; according to Rasher, Mrs Rasher did just that, with about £500 in her back pocket she went into local computer store and asked for about 20 copies of Halflife!!!...

Maybe worth taking a digicam this time and catch the sales assistant mid collapse....and see how must brown-nosing we can get outta them

------------------
"You can be a King, or a Street Sweeper, but sooner or later, you'll dance with the Grim Reaper!"
Old 19-03-2001, 03:56 PM   #6
Mayo

Manhack

Mayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enough
Please please can we go along and watch. &lt;weg&gt;

We could always ask them for say 30 copies then drop in at the emd how much for cash .

Lets just hope it is out in time.

On the other hand they do say the demo will be released within the next few weeks
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2001, 04:07 PM   #7
Dr.BLiND

Poisonous Headcrab

Dr.BLiND is an unknown quantity at this point
Grrr damn u Glyndwr

I was thwarted by the number of lpb's there, I just was not expecting so many

Obviously you missed the domination earlier in the lan.... and when we started the second session I was eating most of the time... my one-handed shots were always a little poower

Anyways, was real fun, and nice to meet some of you at last... and gr8 to have experianced my first LAN... I think next time will be even better (possibly the 4-day'er)... and if peeps are gonna be watching me this time... think I should try harder... but its so hard to be serious when you've 20 loonies shouting at eachother and laughing each time you stick a HE up their arse/your on team-mates

Anyway, look forwards to playing you all again, at a lan, and online... c u soon guys

p.s. Thx to rasher and Mrs rasher for the proffessionalism and work/help they gave.
p.p.s. Thx to Minister for whoopin my arse at UT... damn your sniping skillz r good... you in a clan? Also Whistler and Gilgamesh for their help... and roose for being so generous with his deaths
p.p.p.s. Special thx to Glyndwr for showing me his arse, after accusing my of feeling it... yes we all know what you like Glyn... u liked what u saw baby?

[This message has been edited by Dr.BLiND (edited 20 March 2001).]
Dr.BLiND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2001, 04:12 PM   #8
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold
Cool

Sw33t LAN ppl.

Nicely summed up G

Bit disapointed that no1 could challenge my Mech skillz (Colio and Vertigo can vouch 4 that, all I can say is 3:1 ).

At last a game I have some skill at and about blooming time

Just wanted to say "Ta" and "Hip hip hurray" to Rasher and Mrs Rasher for the LAN.

(Oh and thanks Rasher for that priv8 time ALONE with you )

[This message has been edited by Gunn (edited 19 March 2001).]
Gunn (LA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2001, 04:57 PM   #9
Mrs Rasher

Hopper Mine
Administrator

Mrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud of
Smile

Tis true - i did go in to the local Game store with a wadge of cash and asked for rather a lot of copies of Halflife Unfortunatly they didn't have as many left as I wanted. So I bought every copy they had got, took them back to the LAN and made everyone fight over them
Mrs Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2001, 05:49 PM   #10
Glyndwr

Manhack

Right Blind me and u one on one, who's got the best arse.

G.
Old 19-03-2001, 07:25 PM   #11
Codpiece

Fast Zombie

Codpiece is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup lan was cool loads of tribes played
sweet

Cheers for the food was nice

Burton should be cool

Cod

- Pasty your ass owns
Codpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2001, 11:47 PM   #12
Glyndwr

Manhack

Ta M8

G.
Old 20-03-2001, 07:27 PM   #13
roose

Headcrab

roose is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face

lol cheers for the confidence boost Blind, i’m always willing to die prematurely in CS to make a new LAN guy feel better
"Thought i had my moments though"

umm, but I do kind of recall a rather
Embarrassing
14 deaths 0 kills in one game (shame of it)

Pasty I take it u started touching up Blind at the LAN because all the sheep have now gone to the bonfire and you've got to hang up ya wellington boots.

roose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2001, 09:32 AM   #14
Glyndwr

Manhack

Roose your next.

G.
Old 21-03-2001, 09:42 AM   #15
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
i would also like to thank everyone who stayed behind to help clear up and pack aways cables tables and chairs.

Thanks

Hope you all had fun
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2001, 07:25 PM   #16
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Yer thanks for the good lan rash as for crimson skies colio ill be getting osme praccy in m8 so watchout
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2001, 04:44 AM   #17
Mr Pitt

Barnacle

Mr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enough
Talking

I do beleive I owned at CS at the Last LAN LOL bragging rights I may add

ok im going to get off my bragging stole and say thanks to everyone for the great games and thanks to Mrs Rasher for those lovely Cheese Burgers.

First time I ever played Tribes and thought it was a great game... Cant wait till the 4 dayer...must book my holidays for that one

[ 22 March 2001: Message edited by: Mr Pitt ]
Old 22-03-2001, 07:49 AM   #18
Colio

Garg

no need matey

Its a bank holiday , both monday and friday!

Colio

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 23-03-2001, 01:17 AM   #19
Mr Pitt

Barnacle

Mr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enoughMr Pitt will become famous soon enough
Yea but where me and Roose work....We have to work Bank holidays
Old 23-03-2001, 08:11 AM   #20
Colio

Garg

sh1t, I hear ya man....been there done that bank holiday thing..

I now got a job with bank-holidays included in my stat hols

oh well...you could always do what I did...and pull a sicky for the whole weekend

Colio

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.