GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 19-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Overclockers.co.uk h8 Scan.co.uk - it's official!

I phoned Overclockers.co.uk sales team to see if they could price match 4Gb (2x2Gb) CorsairTwinX XMS2 with scan (as scan is out of stock and oc have it in stock).

I asked if they price match other sites and they flatly said no. So I asked if scan are selling it cheaper I should just give them my business.

The sales guy said:
"Yeh if you want crap service, I hate scan, we all hate scan here!"

Nice huh, I decided that I can wait for the memory from scan as I did not like overclockers salesman's attitude. You should never slag off competitors, it makes you look like unproffessional chumps imo. So hurry up scan, i need to build my new machine!
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
See here to give extra special Scan loving
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
tbh, after the frankly appauling service we (didn't) recieve at the lan before last from OCUK, I am *never* going to buy anything from them again, and will actively advise others to do the same.
olobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
See here to give extra special Scan loving
Not another forum to join...nah, already in too many!
Old 19-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #5
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
Not another forum to join...nah, already in too many!
Ahh but if your a member at Hexus you get free delivery @ Scan .

And tbh I have never had anything but top notch service from Scan.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
tbh i've never had a single problem with ocuk, if i've had to return anything its been easy as hell...
whereas with scan i've had things go wrong and had trouble returning
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #7
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by olobley View Post
tbh, after the frankly appauling service we (didn't) recieve at the lan before last from OCUK, I am *never* going to buy anything from them again, and will actively advise others to do the same.
Amen to that considering how much we had just spent.
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #8
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK View Post
tbh i've never had a single problem with ocuk, if i've had to return anything its been easy as hell...
whereas with scan i've had things go wrong and had trouble returning
You must have been lucky.
With OCUK, they faffed around for two days while they waited to test it. Testied it, couldn't replicate the exact fault, implied I was telling them porkies (however, they did find a different fault, and then hung around for 3 weeks while they waited for the manufacturer to RMA it. I had to chase them every day for a status update, got very little by way of email contact, and everyone I spoke to was either rude or sounded like they really didn't want to be working there. With Scan, all I have ever had to do was fill out the online RMA form, and within 3 days, I have a replacement bit of kit in my hands.
olobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #9
fuKKer

Human Grunt

fuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant future
Last year i was trying to source a power supply for a PC with the possibility of ordering a further 50 PSU's, 50 CPU's and 50 Motherboards.

the only place i could find the PSU i was looking for was OCUK, so i called OCUK and told them what i was looking for and that their might be a possibility of a further huge order if all went to plan.
the amount of fannying about i had to do to try and get them to take a Purchase order form was unbelievable and in the end i had to use my own switch card just to get the damn thing.

we never bothered with the upgrade so they lost out big time because we would have used them for all sorts of stuff, not a week goes by where we don't put an order into DABS. as i type this i'm looking at 10 big brown boxes of brand new Microsoft webcams, i would take a guess at their being 200 cams in total.
if anyone from OCUK reads this then just think of all that business you lost out on :/
800 PC's on site here
fuKKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

To be fair, never had a problem with 'either' of them but then the stuff I have brought never broke! But teh attitude on it!
Old 19-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
To be fair, never had a problem with 'either' of them but then the stuff I have brought never broke! But teh attitude on it!
I think that's the problem.

For example with ocuk if you order of the website technically your talking to a robot rather then a human and unless you actually get a problem your very unlikely ever to speak to one unless you actually live close by and pop in which I must admit I have done a couple of times although not since I last went down there with Olobley.

I had a bit of a nightmare with Ebuyer a while back when they where switching warehouses and they fucked up a couple of my orders but since then I have had to speak to them on the phone and its they have been pretty quick to answer and are polite and had some items RMA which again only took a couple of days where as with OCUK I know its gonna take a lot longer then that.

It all pretty much boils down to if you use OCUK and have never had a problem then why should you switch? which is fair enough but it never hurts to listen to other peoples problems that you yourself might have one day.
Old 19-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #12
CORPSE-MAKER

Manhack

CORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to behold
The corsair memory should be with us in a few days.

At the moment we're getting at least 2-3 deliveries a week so if they can't send the memory due to stock levels at corsair, it's usually sent later on.
Old 19-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #13
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Ta Corpsey.....I will wait....
Old 19-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #14
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
Ta Corpsey.....I will wait....
Good things come to those who wait.
Old 19-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #15
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold
I've never had a problem with OCUK. But the Fact they took ffin weeks to send my kit! 2 weeks after ordering it they finally got round to sending it.
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #16
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner002 View Post
I've never had a problem with OCUK. But the Fact they took ffin weeks to send my kit! 2 weeks after ordering it they finally got round to sending it.
That counts as a problem in my books - what delivery option did you pick?
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #17
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold
Errm, can't remember, even bog standard delivery wouldn't have taken that long to get sent out!
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #18
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORPSE-MAKER View Post
The corsair memory should be with us in a few days.

At the moment we're getting at least 2-3 deliveries a week so if they can't send the memory due to stock levels at corsair, it's usually sent later on.
at the price that RAM is atm, i'm not supprised u haven't any in stock
just make sure you have some in July when i plan on ordering some
Old 20-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #19
Losty

Human Grunt

Losty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the rough
Used Scan to order a copy of Vista last month. I normally order from Overclockers and the service is always great (bought in the range of 30 products from them, always on time, always well packaged). Still, Scan was quick and the prices are cheaper. Nice to know there's always backup options!
Losty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #20
CORPSE-MAKER

Manhack

CORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to beholdCORPSE-MAKER is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
at the price that RAM is atm, i'm not supprised u haven't any in stock
just make sure you have some in July when i plan on ordering some
What you going for now then 16 Gb in your 64-bit machine