GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 19-12-2002, 01:48 AM   #1
Fishwick
Forum Volunteer

Location: Dance your cares away, worry's for another day. Let the music play, Down at Fraggle Rock!
Fishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished road
Deleted thread

ok, as a lot of u have no doubt realised, we have deleted a thread from this section... so a little explanation as so many ppl had posted on it....

several ppl "reported this post to a modererator" (bottom of post) and officially asked for it to be closed/locked/ or deleted with the main reason being, general disruption to the forum... as these ppl were all regular users, and of no fixed opinion on the specific details of the thread, it was felt that the best course of action would indeed be to delete the thread, for the sake of the smooth, freindly atmosphere of the forum. ( i mite add though NBK himself didnt report it, surprisngly enough)

this is a good time to remind ppl of that function "report this thread to a moderator" which emails the moderators directly straight away... mods and admins are constantly checking boards, but just in case anything is overlooked, this is the best course of action for a fast response.

rather then flaming away at each other, or just plain trolling, if u cant just ignore the post u have a problem with of course .

reporting threads officially helps us all see the problems clearer and quicker, a lot of the time a "complaint" in a thread can be a joke, sarcasm, abuse in itself, or mis-understood in many other ways. help us to help u, by using the "report this thread" function wen u have genuin concerns or complaints (mis use of this function however will not be tolerated"

better yet, just have a little read thru wot u typed before hitting "post reply" take a breath and edit as necersary

thanks for your time, and any comments are welcome, as long as we dont just carry on from where the deleted thread left off
Fishwick

also i might add, if anyone is concerned at the contents of this forum, or lack of relevant posts,
may i remind u there are many other forums here at GameOn, for more relevant discusiions, the "General" forum, is just that , a forum for general chat that dosent fit anywhere else.

Last edited by Fishwick; 19-12-2002 at 02:03 AM.
Fishwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2002, 08:08 AM   #2
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of
amen

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Killa-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2002, 03:23 PM   #3
fuKKer

Human Grunt

fuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant future
what was it about? i missed it
fuKKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2002, 03:27 PM   #4
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
tahts a good thing fukker
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2002, 04:04 PM   #5
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice
im still trying to get used to all the new forums.. to many to read!!
Old 19-12-2002, 06:41 PM   #6
Minister Rik

Manhack

Minister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished roadMinister Rik is on a distinguished road
/me goes for the 'Report this post to a moderator' button.

Best way innit, posts sometimes do get out of order.

Who was that nasty guy who we 'dunce capped' at a lan?

I ain't starting no silly posts here, but he got a lot of stick, yeah he deserved it, but it made the message board a little unfriendly to any new comers to the site.

I love gameon, as many of us do, we gotta work together to create a friendly community in which people can fit easly into, Gia and Mrs Homz etc.
...The Minister...

Never employ a mentally challenged Gnome. Its not big, and its not clever.
Minister Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2002, 05:31 PM   #7
Fishwick
Forum Volunteer

Location: Dance your cares away, worry's for another day. Let the music play, Down at Fraggle Rock!
Fishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished road
that was darude who was dunce capped , and this situation was actually pretty similar to the abuse da rude got. some mite say justified but i would say ultimatley pointless.

everyone is entitled to their opinions but wen they drag the forums down to with them thats where the problems occur.

threads needing to be locked/deleted is very rare, but will always happen, so just remeber to report unsuitable threads if u see them
Old 25-12-2002, 11:27 AM   #8
Crispy Fry

Hopper Mine

Crispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura about
*ahem* oh well we'll not say anything about the contents of posts then I suppose ... bloody huge pot and kettle come to mind
Crispy Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2002, 02:43 PM   #9
Fishwick
Forum Volunteer

u can talk about the contents of the thread(s) of u like, as long as u do it in a sensible fashion

i point u to this comment in the first post.......

Quote:
thanks for your time, and any comments are welcome, as long as we dont just carry on from where the deleted thread left off
Old 25-12-2002, 04:45 PM   #10
Crispy Fry

Hopper Mine

Crispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura about
It wasn't a question, request, retort or a "carry on from where the deleted thread left off".... seeing as you have highlighted that any comments are welcome so I commented. It was just a personal statement/comment which took into consideration what was in the first post. Nothing more, nothing less .
Crispy Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2002, 04:20 PM   #11
Fishwick
Forum Volunteer

as clear as always i see m8y
and ppl said u were losing ure knack