GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion

Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion Chat about all your gadgets, toys and all things geek!

Old 03-04-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of
Help with streaming

I have a 3D TV that has a usb port, to date I have copied 2D films to a usb stick and played them through the TV, but of late the files for 3D and some 2D films are getting bigger and bigger, so I am now experiencing a lag, with sound and picture.
I have replayed issue films back through my PC and there is no problem, so I now assume my TV cannot handle all that data.
So, would my problem be resolved with a device that can be wired from my PC, via a network cable which uses a powerline network adapter, and play the films on my PC in another room, but watch them on the TV in the living room (without the lag).
What devices are out there that are good, max price I want to pay is 75, and that's been generous.
Ta.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with streaming

you sure its the TV and not the USB having issues with bandwidth?
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Old 04-04-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

Just bought 64gb 3.0 usb stick, ran films through pc as well, and no issues, so i'm only assuming its the TV.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a 360?

If you do try the Plex app. I use it, admittedly not for 3D, but it works wonderfully.

You will need a Plex pass and Live Gold though.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

Old 04-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
fazer

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael316 View Post
Do you have a 360?
No
Old 04-04-2015, 06:25 PM   #6
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer View Post
No
PS3?

Roku?

Apple TV?

The app is available for multiple platforms.

https://plex.tv/

AFA (From Facebook) :

Old 05-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
fazer

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael316 View Post
PS3?
Da dah yes I have one of those, will give it a try, thanks.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #8
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer View Post
Da dah yes I have one of those, will give it a try, thanks.
No problem.

AFA (From Facebook) :