GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > For Sale & Wanted

For Sale & Wanted Want to sell something or after an upgrade for your PC?

Old 01-03-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Netgear Storage 1TB Home Media Server (NAS)

Netgear Stora 1TB Home Media Server - 2 Bay Network: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo Netgear Stora 1TB Home Media Server - 2 Bay Network: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Comes with two hard disk slots
and one hard disk (1TB)

I would recommend checking up some reviews if you are interested as i don't know a lot about this system (if someone finds a review or two please link)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of
Re: Netgear Storage 1TB Home Media Server (NAS)

It's too much IMO without a bit torrent client, the USB port to network share a printer is nifty though

Buffalo LinkStation Live 1TB MultiMedia Network: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo Buffalo LinkStation Live 1TB MultiMedia Network: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I'd spend a little more and get that, the Stora apparently mirrors the drive anyway so any additional storage won't increase capacity
Old 01-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

The thing i like about the Netgear one is that you can put a 2nd hard disk in
personally i don't use torrents at home, so its not biggy for me

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold

I have a NAS with 2 HDD slots, able to RAID them together with all the features this states and more, no free 1TB HDD tho. (Galaxy Metal Gear)

From the sounds of it this is a locked down simpleton NAS, all controlled through a rather dodgy user interface if you ask me. I'd rather one that just has folders than a shinny (but useless) interface.

Each to their own but if your an experienced PC user, I'd stay clear. If you looking for a cheap and chearful "does what it says on the tin and no more' then go for this.

I'll pass

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
The thing i like about the Netgear one is that you can put a 2nd hard disk in
personally i don't use torrents at home, so its not biggy for me
For Raid 1, says nothing about JBOD or Raid 0
Old 02-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
marky_mark

Poisonous Zombie

marky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the rough

the second drive is for mirroring the 1st drive only, from what i have read