GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > MMO > World Of Warcraft

World Of Warcraft WoW Forum

Old 28-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
New druid Bear form artwork

Quote:
We'd like to share with you this new art for each form and faction in four installments. So without further ado, our first preview is for the five new textures of the tauren druid bear form. We'll also show the current form design so you can easily see the extra detail and textures of the new art. Work continues on new looks for the remaining druid forms and we hope to add them in future content patches.
Old 29-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New druid Bear form artwork

The night elf ones are about somewhere too. Not that I suppose they matter to a Horde guild :P

But... what's wrong with the original brown bear. I mean really.. It's lasted 3-4 years so far
Old 29-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
Solost

Zombie

Solost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post
The night elf ones are about somewhere too. Not that I suppose they matter to a Horde guild :P

But... what's wrong with the original brown bear. I mean really.. It's lasted 3-4 years so far

Well you answered your own question for a start.. Exactly that.. It's been that models for the last 4 years.. While every other class gets upgraded gear models, were stuck with the same fat ass and stupid mane that blizz gave us when they designed the models..

These changes have been long overdue, and should of been with us when TBC was released not half way through Wrath's Expansion.. They still don't represent gear upgrades but it's a start.. Least we won't all look identical any more..

Dislcaimer: All the views I've posted on these forum are my own.. How ever misguided I may be..
Solost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder what makes them display differently. perhaps the colour of your tauren in cow form?

i agree that they are overdue. Half of the fun is seeing how cool your character looks in his/her full tier set. For druids you look the same from level 10 up to 80 (plus all the other forms in between)

at least space chickens get to carry a weapon. i assume they are in on the change plan too. i know they will be posting cats next

mew mew
Old 29-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monger View Post
i wonder what makes them display differently. perhaps the colour of your tauren in cow form?
Try 6 months of FUCKKING rep grinding....
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
monger

Alien Controller

has that been stated or just an educated guess?
Old 29-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In our next major content patch, druids will find a host of new textures for two major forms, cat and bear. There will be five different designs for each of these forms for the Horde and Alliance. Night elves can choose to change their cat and bear look at any time by visiting the barber shop and changing their character's hair color, while tauren will be able to change which look they use by switching skin tones in the barber shop -- a new feature for tauren in the next major content patch.

Given that there are more hair colors and skin tones than unique form looks, some colors and tones will overlap with these new textures. The hair and skin colors chosen will, in most cases, correspond with the color seen in the look of each form. Some similar colors that may share a particular cat texture will not necessarily share the same bear texture.
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...ruidforms.html
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #8
monger

Alien Controller

sweet. rolling drood :P
Old 29-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
Grublik

Zombie

Grublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enough

fuckin waste of dev/designer time

How about instead of wasting manpower on something so ******* pointless and investing it in something wholely worthwhile like bug fixing both graphics and content, class balancing , server performance , and a myriad of issues ..

But oooh no , they want to make some stupid fluffy bears ..... what a big pile of steaming ****

Old 29-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
monger

Alien Controller

who shat on your cornflakes?
Old 29-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monger View Post
who shat on your cornflakes?
A bear by the looks of things.
Old 29-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is though, if you have a Druid that is designed to look a particular way it's going to screw up any ideas of your character. From the way I've read it, Blizzard are having Druids change their character's hair colour in order to get the certain bear look, for example my NElf Druid is called 'Silverclaw' with silver hair, but if I wanted a black bear (bottom right) her hair color will change to a dark purple, loosing the point of the name.

Sucks really, been a Druid now for 4 years, both Tauren and NElf, if this means changing my character look I'd rather stay the same 4 year old bear I've always been. At least they're going to close their mouths!
Old 29-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #13
Grublik

Zombie

Grublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enoughGrublik will become famous soon enough

A big entity called blizzard shat on my cornflakes and has been doing so for the last 4 years !

Whilst they are at changing druid forms , how about a remodel of ghostwolf !

heres my suggestion :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_O0r3iLo8CS...ih_tzu_dog.jpg
Old 29-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #14
Sinnar

Snark

Sinnar is an unknown quantity at this point

Eyonix beat you to it with his suggestion of the remodelled cat...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...811&pageNo=1#9
Sinnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
Beanz
Super Moderator

Trees and Chickens will get an update as well (but not straight away)

http://wow.incgamers.com/blog/commen...-be-looked-at/
Old 29-05-2009, 06:02 PM   #16
Solost

Zombie

Solost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enoughSolost will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grublik View Post
fuckin waste of dev/designer time

How about instead of wasting manpower on something so ******* pointless and investing it in something wholely worthwhile like bug fixing both graphics and content, class balancing , server performance , and a myriad of issues ..

But oooh no , they want to make some stupid fluffy bears ..... what a big pile of steaming ****

QQ moar you moaning git..

Bout bloody time the droods got some lovin'

Dislcaimer: All the views I've posted on these forum are my own.. How ever misguided I may be..
Old 31-05-2009, 03:51 AM   #17
Grublik

Zombie

pah what a load of old cobblers coming from the queen of drama :P
Old 31-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #18
Solost

Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grublik View Post
pah what a load of old cobblers coming from the queen of drama :P
Lol.. I try.. :P

Old 01-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #19
Grublik

Zombie

Old 03-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #20
Solost

Zombie

Re: New druid Bear and Cat form artwork

That's it.. I'm gearing the drood.. These skins are really nice and **** loads better than the old stoopid lion..