GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Mobile/Cell Phones, PDA's, and Tablets

Mobile/Cell Phones, PDA's, and Tablets General chat about your latest phones, pads and other pocket buddies!

Old 30-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
Jessica

Manhack

Jessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud of
HTC Desire or iPod Touch

Hello,

Rasher said that some of you mentioned that the iPod is a lot more user friendly in certain apps and what not than the HTC phone. Now in everyone's opinion, which would you recommend? Is the HTC Desire worth the buy, or would you say I should go for the iPod Touch. Furthermore, I haven't been in the other thread, because dad didn't really want me to see it, as he wants to keep some aspects of my present a surprise Therefore, try as much as you can not to make reference to the other thread

Danke!
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HTC Desire or iPod Touch

lol, you know you're not going to get an unbiased answer from anyone.
Everyone seems to be either Android or iPhone fans although I see you're comparing the HTC phone with the iPod mp3 player rather than the iPhone. They don't really compare as far as I'm concerned. The HTC will access the internet from anywhere you have a mobile connection whereas you will only be able to use functions that require that when you're in a wifi hotspot with the iPod. And assuming you're going to be carrying a phone too why have two devices when you can have one and a really good one at that.

As for me. I have a Hero. I'd swap it for a Desire today if I could. I wouldn't swap it for an iPhone and definitely not for an iPod.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

just to confirm
she would be getting a cheaper touch screen phone (something like a Monte or Wildfire)
its more the app she seems interested in

Aps on iPod vs Aps on Android (Desire)

I am hearing from a lot of people that the touch screen and the apps seem to be a lot better for the iPod
She don't mind carrying a phone and a iPod (we couldn't afford an iPhone for her)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Personally i carry an ipod and phone with me nearly everywhere, i find the mp3 abilities of phones to be hugely lacking in terms of space. Plus i'd rather not drain my battery with music when i might need to make an urgent call or something.

I like to think i'm getting the best of both worlds but i would like to upgrade my phone to a desire or something similar eventually as i'd like to run android on a phone that officially supports it.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Got a Android Device running 1.6 and a iPod touch 4g now, I have to say as much as it pains me that the iPod is much more user friendly and the quality of the apps is a lot better, for me Android is always a waiting game, Oh look a new firmware, ill have to wait 3 months for that, new awesome mobile game out? ill have to wait for it to be ported.
Not tried 2.2 yet though so cannot comment there.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
bustercapinme

Baby Headcrab

bustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enoughbustercapinme will become famous soon enough

Can't speak for the iphone but the battery life on the desire is pretty poor, i have to charge mine everyday, thats my only gripe with it.
bustercapinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
Gerrard

Zombie

Gerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the rough

If you leave the data services on, then all smart phones have the same problem. I can get 3 days out of my battery if I only turn on data services when I need them.
Gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: HTC Desire or iPod Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustercapinme View Post
Can't speak for the iphone but the battery life on the desire is pretty poor, i have to charge mine everyday, thats my only gripe with it.
same with the majority of smart phones..