GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Mobile/Cell Phones, PDA's, and Tablets

Mobile/Cell Phones, PDA's, and Tablets General chat about your latest phones, pads and other pocket buddies!

Old 01-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Andriod Apps

Anybody got any good andriod app suggestions.
Just got a new Desire HD and, although I did have a Wildfire before, looking for some good apps.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of
Re: Andriod Apps

Tapatalk, iplayer, google+, grand prix story, torque (if you have a car), cut the rope, ghost commander, winamp

gf likes alchemy on her desire hd
finlay666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

Is Fruit Ninja on Android?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
Tapatalk, iplayer, google+, grand prix story, torque (if you have a car), cut the rope, ghost commander, winamp

gf likes alchemy on her desire hd

Tapatalk - Is that the forum app?
Got the rest that I want out of that list :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGingerKid View Post
Is Fruit Ninja on Android?
Yes.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
rastamanblues

Barnacle

rastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Tapatalk - Is that the forum app?
Yup, awesome little app!

Most of the forums I use have now got it, great for seeing whats going on whilst out and about.
rastamanblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #6
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Doesn't have GO - The only forum I use! :P
Old 01-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Doesn't have GO - The only forum I use! :P
Ask them to add the other features in then!

I also use the Google reader + listen (come from the same feeds and synced with my google account)
Old 01-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Quote:
Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
Ask them to add the other features in then!

I also use the Google reader + listen (come from the same feeds and synced with my google account)
Is your Andriod rooted?
I should probably do it but just finished getting everything finished with apps etc. :l
Old 02-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #9
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

It is indeed (need it for FaceNiff for wifi fraping)

You will have some issues with the Desire HD, looked at doing it to my gf's but it looked like a ball ache so didnt bother
Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Handcent for texting. Much better than the built in app

Advance Task Killer. The pros tell me that Android takes care of the memory itself and you don't need to kill background apps but all I know is that it runs fastr after I've killed what I'm not using

Pageonce is a very good app for keeping track of your bank accounts. It actuially logs into your bank and retrieves the info so you can see the state of them wherever you are.

If you can get onto the Swype beta you should. It's amazing. I can type into my phone using Swype as fast as I can type into my PC on the keyboard.

Wifinder is very good for seeing what wifi signals are available and simplifies connecting to them and Wifi Analyser gives a good picture of what's running on what channel which allows you to avoid interferance from your neighbour's signal.

Shush! is an app which allows you to specify how long you want your phone on silent so if you go to the cinema for example you can tell it to automatically turn the ringer back on after the show. I always used to miss calls because I hadn't turned the ringer back on. Sorted that problem nicely.

I find it amazing that Android doesn't have a decent file manager application. ES File Explorer is the best one I've found as it lets you connect to shares on your PC wirelessly as well as managing the files on the phone.

If you use Ebay the official app is very good and I've just downloaded the official Paypal app but I can't recommend it yet as I haven't had a chance to try it out.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #11
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

Swype comes built in on the galexy s2 really handy