GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 24-11-2003, 01:04 PM   #1
JoeH2k

Zombie

JoeH2k is an unknown quantity at this pointJoeH2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Decent ADSL ISP

Righty after current isp troubles(pipex) im looking for one that can provide 1mb or more, 1mb @ no more than 33 a month, also reliable, decent speeds, etc and static ip

Thanks
Joe
JoeH2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2003, 01:52 PM   #2
Mr_Meeker

Bullsquid

Mr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of light
www.youwish.co.uk :P
Mr_Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2003, 02:13 PM   #3
JoeH2k

Zombie

JoeH2k is an unknown quantity at this pointJoeH2k is an unknown quantity at this point
lol :P
i think ill go for the isp i thought about, 1mb 26.99 exc. VAT, max 30k/s down.

Thanks
Joe
Old 24-11-2003, 10:14 PM   #4
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough
MAX 30k/s down??? on a 1Mbit service...are you sure...my 512k does more than that...

My views, no one else's

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 7x400 @ 2.8Ghz // Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro // 4Gb Crucial Ballistix PC6400 1:1 5-5-5-18 // Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 // BFG GeForce 8800GT OC2 675/1950/1674 // 750Gb Total Storage // LG 194WT 19" Widescreen Monitor
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2003, 01:24 AM   #5
Raspy

Human Grunt

Raspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the roughRaspy is a jewel in the rough
He means 30kB/s up not down
Old 25-11-2003, 10:06 AM   #6
phunky

Vortigaunt

phunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the rough
You wont get 30k up on ADSL m8, max u will get is 256k which is about 21k i think :E

www.go-legend.net do 1mb for 29.99pm ex-vat plus u get a few frills and stuff :P * me not pluggin my work @all *
phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2003, 11:14 AM   #7
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
256kBIT = around 30kBYTE.

do the maths

256/8 = 32

now in case you're wondering why i divided by 8 is cuz theres 8 bits in a byte so instead of converting kbit into bit then into byte then into kbyte i took a shortcut
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2003, 11:19 AM   #8
phunky

Vortigaunt

phunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the rough
But as ADSL is Burstable.. u never get full bandwidth and tend to cap out at 30k :P so pfft also when u start to hit above 20k on uploads ur download goes to pot :P

i have 2mb and when my download hit 20k i can hardly even pull 50k download...
phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2003, 11:49 AM   #9
NBK
Banned

NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
adsl depends of distance to exchange...so some ppl dont get full upload speed, but 2mb isnt rate adaptive so ignore that

also, i can upload at 30k constant and keep pullin down 30k constant, doesnt affect me at all

and ive used other lines runnin @ 30k upload and gettin 210k down on a 2 meg line or 90k down on a 1meg line

so alot depends on exchange and isp
Old 25-11-2003, 04:13 PM   #10
JoeH2k

Zombie

When i said down, i meant down :P

the isp ive chosen is abit shit atm, but trying to rectify the issue, which some other isps dont bother, pipex for example

Anyway, if they dont improve ill just get refund, ive already talked to the guys there
Old 25-11-2003, 04:14 PM   #11
JoeH2k

Zombie

Also, i can do 30k/s up constant while pulling down at 15
Old 25-11-2003, 04:16 PM   #12
JoeH2k

Zombie

oo ooo oo, just got mail from em, they told me 1mb was fubar, but its 2mps that is
Old 25-11-2003, 04:23 PM   #13
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of
haha

i have ntl 600k job and i get a 60-70 k download must be a very starnge line then
Old 25-11-2003, 04:31 PM   #14
JoeH2k

Zombie

Well, they use bulldog dsl's network
and its abit naff, but the 1mb is decent aparently
Old 25-11-2003, 04:54 PM   #15
NBK
Banned

why pick a 3rd rate isp????? doesnt make sense

who are they anyway?
Old 25-11-2003, 05:00 PM   #16
JoeH2k

Zombie

www.hi-velocity.it i think