GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 24-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #21
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Faulty LMB (Razer Krait) / New mouse suggestions

This mouse is getting really annoying now. Double click something in Windows and it now tries to rename it. Thumping the button with my fist didn't help either.

I've narrowed it down to the G5 and the MX518, but both seem pretty identical. I think the MX518 was released a fair while before the G5, but reviews seem to mildly favour the MX518 over its newer counterpart.

Do either have any niggles, like accidental buttons to click etc.?
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #22
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Cant comment on the G5 but never had a problem with the MX518, using it now

Edit, there is 2 versions, standard one with the shiny surface and theres a batman edition which has the dark night logo on the back, this is a more matte finish and is all black, personally I think it feels better in the hand.

Ill give it 2 mins before that's quoted out of context...

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #23
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

afaik, the G5 and the 518 use the same outer shell, and have the same button locations. Nothing gets in the way, as its well designed. The 518 doesn't have the weight adj. either.
Old 28-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #24
Sin_Chase

Vortigaunt

Sin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really niceSin_Chase is just really nice

My Roccat Kone has been rock solid, still is and shall be for some time to come.

Love it to bits. Close match to my previous right handed ergonomically shaped MX1000
Old 30-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #25
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Was a tough choice but I finally got the G5 today. On-the-fly sensitivity is actually quite handy, but that might wear off. Changable weights seems a bit of a gimmick, I just plonked some in and will leave them in.

But overall much more comfy than the Razer Crap, with more buttons (and a working LMB) to boot.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 01:59 AM   #26
mindflayer1

Scanner

mindflayer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Faulty LMB (Razer Krait) / New mouse suggestions

Hey my Razer Krait was doing the same thing. Couldn't highlight and copy. Pissed me off. Then today it starts rapid clicking every time I clicked. So I, like you, tried to take it apart and it was pissing me off again. THERE IS A SCREW. It is towards the back of the mouse. It is under the bar code. Push down with a screwdriver or something and you will find it. It has a triangle head screw. But I was able to get it off with jewelers standard. It has to be very fine. After I took it apart I was able to click with the switches on the inside. I was even able to easily click/drag/copy. Here is a pic of it disassembled... ok so I won't post a link darn it because I haven't been a member long enough. But if you put the following together in a string it will take you to the picture ( I haven't been a member long enough to post links )
http : // www(dot) facebook (dot)com / photo(dot)php?fbid=1650289224925&set=a.13463069455 58.2041473.1467822693&type=1&theater

I thoroughly washed the top part and dusted out the interior. After doing all that it is back to working like a champ.
mindflayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #27
Re^per
Banned

Re^per is infamous around these parts

Razer Naga - The ONLY mouse for gaming! woop :P!
Re^per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #28
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the same issues with my Krait atm. Multiple left clicks..

Gonna try cleaning it first, then panic if that wont work.

Keep my fingers crossed the PC World "Get rid of ****e we dont stock anymore" Store near us has something cheap.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote