GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 11-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #21
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radeon X1950 Pro AGP

Define better though, any motherboard that supports 2x graphics cards in SLI would be suitable for you, a 250 motherboard would offer you no further benifits.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
Iampeterpan

Snark

Iampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Define better though, any motherboard that supports 2x graphics cards in SLI would be suitable for you, a 250 motherboard would offer you no further benifits.
No so much better, but cost effective, if what you tell me, spending 200 notes on an sli MOBO and only running 1 monitor, it is pointless as you say. But taking the risk on second hand mobos isnt really worth it!

I might go for the cheaper option of the AMD 2 dual Core, Black bundle deal, that you recommended to me earlier PLatinum!!: it seems that with the larger cache its a good buy, and the 4GB of ram!! would I have to run Vista to get the best out of the 4GB?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...id=339&subcat=

I will save money by only having 1 Graphics card, I want a 8800 gtx, and I have already bought this monitor: so that be ok?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158375

Cheers.
Iampeterpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #23
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iampeterpan View Post
Would I have to run Vista to get the best out of the 4GB?
To get the most out of your ram you'd need to use Vista 64 or XP. Vista 32 can only use 3.5GB of ram.

Although to get the most out of Vista you'll want 4GB lol.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #24
Iampeterpan

Snark

Iampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished roadIampeterpan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNsLiNgEr View Post
To get the most out of your ram you'd need to use Vista 64 or XP. Vista 32 can only use 3.5GB of ram.

Although to get the most out of Vista you'll want 4GB lol.
Would XP 64bit be better than Vista??

I understand the whole todo with Directx10 only on Vista, is dx10 a must have??

Cheers
Iampeterpan is offline   Reply With Quote