GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Software Discussion

Software Discussion Discuss Software and ask for unsupported help

Old 28-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of
HALP: Windows 7 Pro

Hi there

Can anyone tell me the difference between:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, English, 1 Pack, DSP OEI (DVD) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, English, 1 Pack, DSP OEI (DVD)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Full Version (PC DVD) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Full Version (PC DVD)

Is it that the full version has 32bit and 64bit?

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Killa-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all
Re: HALP: Windows 7 Pro

oei is like oem(from what ive figured out) :P so think you only get the x64 or x86

and yeah think you get x64 and x86 in the retail
Old 28-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
mole

Human Grunt

mole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura about

Correct.

Your retail will let you install either, change your mind and reinstall also comes with both discs. With OEM your locked to one and only get the corresponding media. Not a big issue as most people will only install 64 Bit now.

Also note with OEM you're not meant to install it on any new computers if you upgrade your current. Though I never had any issues with my old XP or office 2003 OEMs
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of

Cheers muchly!

I'll likely order the 64bit Pro!

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Old 28-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

its not bad, took me a few hours to get my wifi working.. turned out to be TCP/IP 6 protocol, soon as i disabled that, all was well
Old 28-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
turned out to be TCP/IP 6 protocol, soon as i disabled that, all was well
IPv6 = Biggest Pain in the A$$ EVER!!!

Totally pointless ATM, i may be wrong there for business users or something, but for us home users, I dont see the point ATM..

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
mole

Human Grunt

mole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
its not bad, took me a few hours to get my wifi working.. turned out to be TCP/IP 6 protocol, soon as i disabled that, all was well
Completely the opposite for me. Installed it, entered my wireless key and off I went.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Thx for the feedback, going to install Ultimate trial on my media center and if I like it, I'll order Pro

Achtung Baby!

Old 28-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa-Kyle View Post
Thx for the feedback, going to install Ultimate trial on my media center and if I like it, I'll order Pro
The new media centre in 7 is v.nice