GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 20-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
Christmas tips

Does anyone else do this?
I'm now 40 out of pocket (10 for regular bin-men, 10 for recycling bin-men, 10 for the milkman, and a fiver for both our weekday and our weekend paperboys - I did actually check with the newsagent that we actually had two paperboys, rather than one clever one)
Also, how much is the 'right' amount? I figured a tenner for the bin crews, as there's four of them (the one time I was up at stupid-o-clock to see them), so I figure that's enough for a bacon butty or a beer each)
I know from when I used to do a paper round (back in the dark depths of time forgotten) that I really used to look forward to the Christmas week
olobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
DannyM

Manhack

DannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the rough
lol, i made 100 on me paper round on a christmas week including my wage, was sweet as a nut.
Old 20-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #3
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
bah - our bin men get nothing - they're shite - same for our recycle guys..

dont' have a milkman - well we do - me

dont have a paperboy..
Old 20-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #4
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
Heh,
As I see it, they do a crappy job that I really don't want to, and our recycle guys save me from having to give up an hour on my weekend to take the crap down the tip, hence I'm not really fussed about a tenner, as my time (especially my weekends) are worth more than that to me.
Old 20-12-2006, 01:12 AM   #5
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of
People dont tend to bother with things like that up this end, apart from for paperboys/girls as there schoolies.

General philosophy up here :
If there adults then why should you tip them? they get paid just like anyone else, and do you get christmas tips at work?
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 01:14 AM   #6
olobley

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex0dUs @ bbq h4x View Post
and do you get christmas tips at work?
Generally yes (free lunches on the company, corporate gifts, and if Santa is really smiling, a Christmas bonus alongside our March bonus)
Old 20-12-2006, 01:17 AM   #7
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold
Only Chrimbo tip i got this year was accept this sh*t of a contract or fk off back to England

Merry crimbo to you too ya fkers (to the arsing Americans btw)

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Gunn (LA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 01:24 AM   #8
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by olobley View Post
Heh,
As I see it, they do a crappy job that I really don't want to
yeah your guys come at a really early time, ours come when they feel like it - some weeks not at all.. oh and heaven forbid if your bin is a teeny weeny bit overfull..
Old 20-12-2006, 01:30 AM   #9
Mayo

Manhack

Mayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enoughMayo will become famous soon enough
Bin Bin you get a Bin. They dont uses bins here. Why, how the feck knows.

We have to put bin bags out. This means all the cats/foxs and god knows what goes through the bags and splits them open.
Bin man comes along and picks up split bag.
Rubbish eveywhere. Arh I hate the bin man comming as it means I have to clear a huge mess up as he wont do it.

THere is no way he is getting a tip EVER.

Our local area dont know the meaning of the word recycle. We dont even have that out here.

Soapy Girls!!!!!!
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 01:39 AM   #10
Bobster

Tentacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
This means all the cats/foxs and god knows what goes through the bags and splits them open.
ajax
Old 20-12-2006, 01:47 AM   #11
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
Tip the bin men? Bollocks to that!

If I leave our bin on our drive, 2 feet from the pavement the lazy shites won't move it. they will only empty it if it is actually on the pavement.

Also, if it's so full that the lid won't close, which given that they only empty it once a fortnight can easily happen then they won't empty it then either.

They want a tip? I'll give them a tip! Do a proper job and give a good service then I might consider giving them something at Christmas.
Old 20-12-2006, 01:54 AM   #12
DannyM

Manhack

DannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the rough
We used to tip our bin men because they were the same guys every week, we now have new bin men like every week.
Old 20-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #13
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
likewise with the no tipping

if I can move the bin, they can empty it. but thats not the case "ooh, cant wheel that it'll do me back in..."...fck off yer lazy shite.

and again if the lid is slightly ajar again, it gets left.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #14
Demonjock

Manhack

Demonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enoughDemonjock will become famous soon enough
Why the hell you tipping a public service, these buggers get a great wage to do nothing. They dont lift the bins if they are too heavy and the when they are the proper weight the bin cart lifts it for them. They are truly the laziest bastards known to man.
Paper boys are ok to tip cause i was one a long time ago as well as a milkboy .
Demonjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #15
olobley

Antlion

Ahh, OK, well, our binmen are actually alright...
They'll open our gate, and pick the rubbish from out of the front garden (as keeping it within the 'boundary' stops the foxes from getting at it.
Never had them leave a bag (they even took the bag I threw out with 40 odd hard disks in it!).
Old 20-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #16
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
bags are a specific no no...with the exception of christmas (will account for 3 extra bags)..

any bags by the bin, get left by the bin.

paperboys/milkmen yeah, I would tip, but seeing as we dont have either...more money towards "buy colio as ps3" fund.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #17
Prion

Houndeye

Prion is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never heard of tipping bin men... or anyone other than waitresses/waiters for that matter
Prion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #18
olobley

Antlion

*wonders (with the exception of Bob) if this is a North/South thing*
Old 20-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #19
Prion

Houndeye

Prion is an unknown quantity at this point
dunno- im from the South and I havent heard of it
Prion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #20
olobley

Antlion

I said south...
Stafford is definitely north of Watford...