GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light
Trackmania 2: Canyon In-Depth Hands-On Preview

Trackmania 2: Canyon In-Depth Hands-On Preview

Visit here to read more

......Read More
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trackmania 2: Canyon In-Depth Hands-On Preview

That looks superb.

Do you know if they're going to support wheels this time? I much prefer controlling driving games with a wheel rather than an xBrick controller.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
Do you know if they're going to support wheels this time? I much prefer controlling driving games with a wheel rather than an xBrick controller.
I don't know but I shall find out for you
Old 05-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
evilgiraffeman

Manhack

evilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really nice

Great preview. This turned out to be one of the highlights of E3 for me. It was not only easy to get to grips with but hugely fun and very easy to get hooked on.

Our hands-on time with the game ended up running a little over schedule as neither of us could tear ourselves away from the title. I must admit that we're a little sceptical about the decision to release individual environments, which seems like a move to maximise revenue. Time will tell and the developers have a great relationship with their community.

This was easily the best driving game from E3 as well as one of the most promising of any genre.
evilgiraffeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Matt_3D

Scanner

Matt_3D is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly, I don't think you'd gain anything by using a steering wheel. I actually think it would make the game harder and you'd probably destroy the wheel in the process

Great preview, I can't wait for this one to come out.

...I really need to download Nations again, thanks for reminding me
Matt_3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgiraffeman View Post
Great preview. This turned out to be one of the highlights of E3 for me. It was not only easy to get to grips with but hugely fun and very easy to get hooked on.

Our hands-on time with the game ended up running a little over schedule as neither of us could tear ourselves away from the title. I must admit that we're a little sceptical about the decision to release individual environments, which seems like a move to maximise revenue. Time will tell and the developers have a great relationship with their community.

This was easily the best driving game from E3 as well as one of the most promising of any genre.
Hehe yes good times! Nadeo later had this to say to us about the pricing (taken from our Maniaplanet article):

"For a passerby, it is more attractive, with an entry price of 20euros. It is the best business model we could think of, to be easy on players' purses and keep our work efficient. The bottom line for players remains the same: 20euros for a game. We hope it will be seen as fair, regarding the work put in the game”.

I think it's a fair point considering how much re-playability and extra effort Nadeo put into their games with free continued support and updates, just now it's the extra environments that players will have to choose to pay extra for. Off the top of my head I think the only developer better value for money is Valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_3D View Post
Honestly, I don't think you'd gain anything by using a steering wheel. I actually think it would make the game harder and you'd probably destroy the wheel in the process

Great preview, I can't wait for this one to come out.

...I really need to download Nations again, thanks for reminding me
Thanks for your comment! Regarding control input, I think it's a case of personal preference - for me I can only imagine using a game controller nothing else, but for others it's the keyboard, joystick or steering wheel!

Actually thanks for reminding me as well that as Nations is free it is a good way to see what Trackmania is about for real, or to simply go back and race whenever the feeling arises

Last edited by POBmaestro; 05-07-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Just a small update from what I've found out over the past week:

Trackmania 2: Canyon will have steering wheel, joystick, pad and of course keyboard support.

The Maniaplanet games (i.e. Trackmania 2: Canyon) will be digital download only. Any more details on this are limited until closer to release, but hopefully with Ubisoft as publisher the downloading process shouldn't be too painful for those of us with slow downloading speeds/caps.