GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > GameGrin Website Content

GameGrin Website Content Any feedback questions, FAQs, Ideas

Old 08-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 PS3 Review

A new game review has just been added

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 PS3 Review

Visit here to read more

Snippet:
Old 08-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Xbox 360 Review

"Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 was a shambles"

This might be my new forums sig

Just reading the rest of the review now , What I want to see is a Fifa vs Pro evo article

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post

This might be my new forums sig
Woohoo begone my horribly misconstrued statement from your sig!

On topic, a good review there Ginge I wouldnt mind seeing a comparison article either actually, as a complete Noob to pes and fifa be nice to see what the differences are.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfromabove View Post
Woohoo begone my horribly misconstrued statement from your sig!
Actually on second thoughts....

Yea good review mate, seems like theres a lot of catching up with Fifa in this one but seems as if they have done a good job, not enough to tempt me away from Fifa yet but there getting there

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Impressed I am, by this review. I can only go on what I've played in the demos/Germany but I think your review sums up the new edition well. On balance I still prefer the realism/rights/polish of FIFA 11, but PES 11 has caught up again this year. That said after the disaster of PES 10 that's not really that difficult.

At the end of the day I have purchased FIFA 11 and have no regrets, despite the lack of progress from FIFA 10. Here’s hoping PES continues to improve next year.
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #6
Platinum
raggggggggge

POB, got it on the 360?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #7
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am going to have to do a comparison article then! Glad you guys like the review!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
POB, got it on the 360?
Yea, gamertag is my universl alias if you want a game
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #9
Platinum
raggggggggge

Will get you added

Old 18-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #10
Target1987

Houndeye

Target1987 is an unknown quantity at this pointTarget1987 is an unknown quantity at this pointTarget1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 PS3 Review

nice review. pity the "shooting" wasn't mentioned, way more sporadic than fifa, which gives it a slight edge.
I find fifa to be way more fluid though and with all the official team names, it sometime makes playing PES feel like duplo when all your mates have lego. The official Champions league is a neat continuation from 2010.
Target1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
TGK

Civil Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target1987 View Post
nice review. pity the "shooting" wasn't mentioned, way more sporadic than fifa, which gives it a slight edge.
I find fifa to be way more fluid though and with all the official team names, it sometime makes playing PES feel like duplo when all your mates have lego. The official Champions league is a neat continuation from 2010.
Thanks for the feedback. New players to PES always seem to have trouble with the shooting mechanics, but I find that the more I play PES, the more I hate it.

Some of the silly bugs and glitches seem to enrage me to a state where I really can't be f*cked anymore!

The game itself has a fantastic structure and although it lacks small inclusions that FIFA boasts, it has the potential to be a great game; if they can patch it right.
Old 18-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #12
Target1987

Houndeye

Target1987 is an unknown quantity at this pointTarget1987 is an unknown quantity at this pointTarget1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 PS3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGingerKid View Post

Some of the silly bugs and glitches seem to enrage me to a state where I really can't be f*cked anymore!
completely agree with the bugs, you can tell where then money has been spent on FIFA. But in saying that, PES has this addictive charm that draws you in for one more game. once you reach that peak of annoyance, you start to love it, try the champions league on the hardest setting, accomplishing that is a bit like the real thing lol.
Target1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
TGK

Civil Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target1987 View Post
completely agree with the bugs, you can tell where then money has been spent on FIFA. But in saying that, PES has this addictive charm that draws you in for one more game. once you reach that peak of annoyance, you start to love it, try the champions league on the hardest setting, accomplishing that is a bit like the real thing lol.
I love the Champions League mode, it's very engaging and much like the real thing.

I also agree with you on the fact the game draws you in, it does, but it should draw you in again and again for the right reasons!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #14
RichyRich9

Scanner

RichyRich9 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a moment a few years back where PES has beating FIFA for the title of the best football game. I never swayed to that hype. I've always preferred FIFA and I knew it was a matter of time before they are back on form.
RichyRich9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
TGK

Civil Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich9 View Post
There was a moment a few years back where PES has beating FIFA for the title of the best football game. I never swayed to that hype. I've always preferred FIFA and I knew it was a matter of time before they are back on form.
Konami announced losses in the last financial year, so something must be getting to them that the series (which takes the most revenue for them) is on the drop!