GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Films & Programs

Films & Programs Opinions on your favourite Films and TV programs

Old 17-12-2015, 07:03 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (spoilers)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spoiler.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	24827 Click image for larger version

Name:	spoiler-.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	24828 Name:  spoiler-alert.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  23.5 KB Click image for larger version

Name:	Star Wars Spoiler Alert.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	24830

This thread contains spoilers for
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

You have been warned

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Old 18-12-2015, 05:02 AM   #2
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (spoilers)

HAN!
Old 18-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Great film, called who ren was ages ago, couldnt really have been anyone else, half called the Han thing, I said a while back I bet someone dies and that they (old cast) would all be dead by the end of the third film due to age.

Only question I have from the film is who is Rey, who is her parents? they must have been jedis, Is she somehow Rens brother? (you think if that were the case Han and Leia would have realised.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 18-12-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Oh also, why the fuck in star wars to the bad guys always put there sheild generators outside of the sheilds???? Star Destroyers, Death Star, Starkiller thing in the new film??

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 18-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #5
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

Ren, thought it was Ben? - Lea and Han have 2 kids in the books.
Old 18-12-2015, 04:26 PM   #6
Platinum
raggggggggge

The books are not cannon

Old 18-12-2015, 10:23 PM   #7
Acelister

Tentacle

Acelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
The books are not cannon
But this IS cannon:
Old 20-12-2015, 01:14 AM   #8
Bobster

Tentacle

Ok, still as good the 2nd time around

so if we're not going by the fact that Han and Leia had a son and daughter. Then are we going that Rey is Lukes?
Old 20-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #9
Platinum
raggggggggge

Thats my guess, all seems to point to her being Lukes kid

Old 20-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #10
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoyed it. Seemed a little strange just how quickly Ray could use the Force, given she had no training.

Really liked Moz as a character, very memorable in my eyes!
Old 20-12-2015, 07:55 PM   #11
Platinum
raggggggggge

Yea I thought that

The film felt like a reboot of 4 for me

Old 21-12-2015, 02:06 AM   #12
trbickmore

Barnacle

trbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enoughtrbickmore will become famous soon enough

I may be remembering this wrong, but I'm sure she mentions her home planet at one point.

After only one viewing of the film, I took that she was taken to Jakku and traded, but remembers living on an island on another planet. Is that planet the one that she finds Luke on? and is it going to be revealed that her family are descended from the first Jedi?
Old 21-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #13
Hamiltonious

Manhack

Hamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbickmore View Post
I took that she was taken to Jakku and traded, but remembers living on an island on another planet. Is that planet the one that she finds Luke on?
I'm fairly sure the planet with the water and the island in her dreams is her dreaming of Luke's location. What with him being her father and all (speculation).

I think he dropped her off on Jakku because Ben Solo turned to the dark side so easily and Luke was afraid Rey might do the same. Bit of a dick move but there you are.

On a side not, I LOVED the lightsaber combat in this film. I hated the choreographed crap in the prequels. The Finn/Rey vs. Ren fights were much more realistic in terms of combat (especially as none of them can be classed as full-on Jedi knights).
Old 22-12-2015, 10:36 PM   #14
Platinum
raggggggggge

Setting myself a reminder to read this again after the next one :

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/...ultimate-twist

Old 23-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #15
Namredips

Vortigaunt

Namredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to beholdNamredips is a splendid one to behold

I got the impression that Fin is also force sensitive, perhaps not to the same degree that Ray is but definitely a little bit. I think this because:
1) he's not complete dogshit with that lightsaber
2) When the planets got exploded he only noticed because he heard something that sounded like "millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced", THEN he looks up to see the lightshow.
Old 23-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #16
Bobster

Tentacle

Exclamation Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (spoilers)

Quote:

That's basically what Luke does, turns to the dark side to gain powers to kill the Emperor..
Old 23-12-2015, 05:56 PM   #17
Calmine

Human Grunt

Calmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enoughCalmine will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I saw that as well. It's a very plausible theory and I like it.
Old 23-12-2015, 09:25 PM   #18
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute

I first thought that Rey was Han and Leia's child, due to the flash back that she has of her and a child and the ship leaving the planet I then assumed that she would end up being Luke's daughter, mainly due to the way Luke looks at her at the end at the fact she is so force sensitive.
Old 29-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #19
Thomas.Hughes

Poisonous Headcrab

Thomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enoughThomas.Hughes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namredips View Post
I got the impression that Fin is also force sensitive, perhaps not to the same degree that Ray is but definitely a little bit. I think this because:
1) he's not complete dogshit with that lightsaber
2) When the planets got exploded he only noticed because he heard something that sounded like "millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced", THEN he looks up to see the lightshow.
I really hope he is to be honest, he has the chance to be one of the best characters out of the new trilogy in my opinion.
Old 31-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #20
dominoid

Antlion

dominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
HAN!
this