GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 17-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
Home dining table project...

So I decided that I wanted a custom dining table...

I started with plain boring IKEA table and thought it would look pretty cool if I covered it will cut outs from my old comic books.

Its basically finished but after a couple of coats of craft glue mixed with soluble varnish I still fear putting anything hot on it will fook it up.

After a bit of research I think that crystal clear varnish may be the best thing to use.

Has anyone else ever done anything like this?

After looking on eBay I see that a lot of people are selling these sorts of things so I'm considering buying more tables and creating a few.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363518147153.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	23833   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363518184986.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	23834  
Old 17-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Home dining table project...

Looks great mate!

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice

Looks pretty funky
Old 17-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

I have no idea whats best to use for the finish, but I certainly like it and expect it was fun to do! Nice job m8
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Is it an option to get a sheet of glass or plexi to fit on top? that way you could even drag keys on it without damaging the comics
finlay666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice

(best idea yet)
Old 18-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #7
HarrieSilver

Hopper Mine

HarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant future

Awesome my mum did something like this with a collage of loads of family photos under glass but this idea is amazing!
HarrieSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #8
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
(best idea yet)
Not really my idea, got a pub where they did similar on the tables with record covers, news clippings etc, the bowls are melted vinyl records
finlay666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
snaggs

Manhack

It's not like its the invention of the wheel or anything but the glass is not a bad idea.