GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games

Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games Anything about gaming, any platform

Old 12-01-2015, 04:08 AM   #101
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elite Dangerous

so, bought a hauler - have it pimped out atm with 16 storage, 2nd from last FSD, top shields, improved thrusters, best power plant there is
Old 12-01-2015, 08:07 AM   #102
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute

How did you get on with the rare route?
Old 12-01-2015, 09:45 AM   #103
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold

As much as I'm enjoying this game (and I really am) does anyone else agree that it still feels a bit 'beta'?

The interaction with other players is particularly weak for an 'MMO' - no real trading or co-op options. No sharing of bounties. Fightong each other is the only way to really interact, and given that people just quit out when they are losing with no real consequence there seems to be little point in that either...
Old 12-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #104
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
We've only been playing in Bob's private game so the only commander interaction I've had thus far is Betty and Bob.

We also seem to of found a way around not appearing in the same server even if on a private game by navigating to the same system, jumping into open play and then back into the private game to be assured you're connected to the same server.

Having been doing the rare trade route for a couple of days I'm netting around a million credits for the round trip.

There were a few hairy moments when I was lugging around a stripped down hauler but it was all worth it.

I am currently running a cobra mark 3 on which I've spent roughly 3mil, it jumps 16-18lys so the run is over and done in less than an hour now, without fuel stops due to scoop.

I'm absolutely loving it so far, I feel completely immersed. It was a steep learning curve, mind.

After talking to Betty about what they have planned it does all sound very exciting, especially relating to your comment about lack of interaction. The introduction of wings enabling one squad leader to control all squad members jumping will be nice.

I can come and meet you and pay forward what Betty did for me if you like ewok, I have about 900k credits spare so can happily hook you up.

Get on the rare runs, gear up and we'll have a nice group of ships for the future.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #105
Acelister

Tentacle

Acelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
so, bought a hauler - have it pimped out atm with 16 storage, 2nd from last FSD, top shields, improved thrusters, best power plant there is
ALWAYS remember to upgrade your power plant... It's scary when you're itching for a fight with your brand new gimballed laser with tracking, find a Wanted, deploy hardpoints and suddenly you lose power.

Luckily I managed to disable most of my modules before taking too much shield damage.

Can anyone explain exactly what Wings will do? It's coming to beta soon, so to everyone else sometime after that - but apart from being able to be wingmen with other players, I can't find any information about it.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #106
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz (rupert) View Post
I can come and meet you and pay forward what Betty did for me if you like ewok, I have about 900k credits spare so can happily hook you up.

Get on the rare runs, gear up and we'll have a nice group of ships for the future.
I don't have the patience for trading - but boy do those rare runs sound lucrative!

By the sounds of it I'm earning nowhere near as much as you, but I'm having fun hunting bounties. Rocking a Viper Mk3 with mostly C class gear. Dual lasers for shields and then gimballed cannons for afters.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #107
Jamz

Antlion

If you make your way to either of the systems that I go from I'll jettison out a cargo hold full so you can just sell it and make maximum profit without really going anywhere.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #108
Ewok

Human Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz (rupert) View Post
If you make your way to either of the systems that I go from I'll jettison out a cargo hold full so you can just sell it and make maximum profit without really going anywhere.

I'll need a different ship - I've got a cargo capacity of 4 in the Viper

I could pick up a Hauler, but I'm not far off affording a Cobra (as a second ship) so I might grind that out first then join you.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #109
Jamz

Antlion

Good shout, I helped Bob through the rare run late last night so he's got off the mark making good credits.

I'd definitely grab a hauler and kit it out with as much cargo and good frame shift drive. Should be able to get it up to around 12-14 jump and 16 cargo hold (2x8).

I'm planning on taking a trip this evening to find a port that sells 32 slot cargo bays, feel free to come along x

Old 12-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #110
Jamz

Antlion

Also, with regard to the rare run, you will sell whatever rare commodity you buy, be it that it costs you 500 credits per ton, or 3000, for between 17-22k each per ton.

So fear not if you only have around 8-16 slots as you'll still make around 250-300k a run, even with limited space...

Old 12-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #111
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

1.04 update really helped players find each other in open play
Old 12-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #112
Jamz

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Damn might not be for me then
Plat, I use my xbox controller. There aren't too many buttons, it's really nice to fly with.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #113
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1.04 update really helped players find each other in open play
And as an unintended consequence appears to have at least partially broken private sessions.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #114
Bobster

Tentacle

I'm ditching my shields and scanner - opting for more cargo space and a fuel scoop instead
Old 12-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #115
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm ditching my shields and scanner
So, you wont see them coming and you wont have any protection??
Old 12-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #116
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael316 View Post
So, you wont see them coming and you wont have any protection??
In private mode, you can out run npc's without any issues

AND JUST GET IT AZ
fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #117
Bobster

Tentacle

well, i managed to do a there and back in just 1hr 50 mins making a grand total of 750K, i then managed to figure out that instead of taking the Economical route, i should be taking the fastest!!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #118
Bobster

Tentacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
I'll need a different ship - I've got a cargo capacity of 4 in the Viper

I could pick up a Hauler, but I'm not far off affording a Cobra (as a second ship) so I might grind that out first then join you.
you don't need any more than a capacity of 4, we can drop 4 canisters of goodies at a time and you can cash them in - 64K in 1 go! 3 drops and you've got yourself 180K
Old 12-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #119
Bobster

Tentacle

over a mill in the bank, heading back to Lave, then back to pick up my Viper3 and outfit it some more
Old 12-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #120
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer View Post

AND JUST GET IT AZ
First new pay packet Im getting it. So you only have just over 2 weeks of Az free space.