GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games

Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games Anything about gaming, any platform

Old 15-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #141
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elite Dangerous

Im assuming the tutorial is pretty good, didnt know you could have multiple ships, what do you do with the other ships when your out and about?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 05:00 PM   #142
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
So the first bunch are a cluster of systems all close together, which sell rare commodities, so its basically one big circular route.

You buy the rares from each of the first six places in first list, then head to the first from the second list and sell all that you've bought just far.

You then buy the rares available from where you're selling the first lot and continue down the second list.

Once you've purchased the rares from each station on second list you head back to Orerre and sell everything again....

Rinse and repeat.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 15-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #143
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
You can leave a ship where you purchase a new one basically...

And it will remain there until you go and swap them back...

Old 15-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #144
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
fuck still not started this

Jamz can you explain this one a little better? it reads to me as you go to the first one on the first list and buy then to the first on the second and sell, whats the other ones in the lists for?
Not quite Plat. You buy everything you can at the first cluster. It may take a couple of visits to fill your hold depending on what ship you have. TBH I think Jamz is going to struggle to fill the Type 6 here. I have a 36 ton capacity and it takes me two visits to fill her up.

Then you travel to the first system on the second part of his list and sell everything. That should net you something like 500k.

Then you travel between the systems on the second part of the list, fill up again and head back to the Lave cluster and sell again there.

[Edit] D'oh! Just spotted that Jamzreplied while I was typing. That'll teach me to be so long winded [/Edit]

The rare trading is just financing my ship buying and outfitting for the bounty hunting and signal source investigating. I have the Cobra and the Eagle but I'm building up the funds to buy an Asp next. I'm going to fit it out for deep space exploration. I fancy a long trip across the galaxy into uncharted regions. Just call me Jean-Luc.

Last edited by Betty_Swallocks; 15-01-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Betty_Swallocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #145
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post
For a game called "Elite: Dangerous", it doesn't sound very dangerous

"Elite Delivery Simulator 2" might have been a more apt title! :P
Come up against an Anaconda with an Elite pilot and you'll see why it's called Dangerous. My 6 million credit Cobra was reduced to dust in about 20 seconds.

The grinding is just what finances getting the better ships for me.

It's no different to crafting in WoW. Some people like to do just that, some just do bounty hunting and some, like me, do a bit of everything. I like to have the most pimped out ships I gat get. I need all the help I can get.

Did everyone know that you can turn off the reporting of crimes against you? We could have a bit of a tournament. See who can reduce their opponent down to 10% ship health first. (You could go all the way and kill each other but there is a cost implication with that approach)
Old 15-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #146
Jamz

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
TBH I think Jamz is going to struggle to fill the Type 6 here. I have a 36 ton capacity and it takes me two visits to fill her up.
Visiting all but the last three of the second cluster filled over 50t, So I'm thinking even if I got a minimum of 4t at each of those I'm over 60t.

If I then re-visited the previous three (from cluster 2), to ensure I got maximum allocation from each station (considering they restock anyway) I'm then getting on for near 80t...

You could even half fill your cargo on the second cluster before logging off, and fill it when you're next online.

I find the game so wonderfully colored that I don't even notice the 'grind' aspect of it. It's fucking awe inspiring, man.

Dropping out of super-cruise the other evening found me following a funeral procession, nine ships, from the large transporter/funeral ship in the middle to variations of ship either side.

I flew alongside for about 20 minutes!

The Super-Massive Black Hole might be worth a visit, Betty!
Old 15-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #147
Gerrard

Zombie

Gerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the rough

So I decided to buy the game this morning. I was going to wait until it was in a sale like I normally do, but then realised it wasn't on Steam and it could be a while, so might as well do it now whilst work is little bit quieter!

Since I have a crappy 2Mbit connection, I left it to download whilst I was at work. Came back to find it had only downloaded the Combat Tutorial. Gave it a go and the rudder on my X52 is completely ballsed up which made things a bit more difficult I think.

Anyway, whilst it is now downloading the full game, I managed to bodge a repair to my stick for the time being (jammed a bit of card under the potentiometer!) but will have to go to Maplins to get a new potentiometer; and a soldering iron to replace it.

Probably won't get on until tomorrow evening now.
Gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #148
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold

You buy the rare goods from 1-6, travel to HIP 10175 and sell, then buy from 1-13, travel to Orrere and repeat.

EDIT - I seem to have missed a full page of replies...
Old 16-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #149
Jamz

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelister View Post
Has anyone actually managed to progress in the Naval Rank missions? I'm not within 100ly of a system that actually sells personal weapons or non-lethal weapons...

I'm in Hip 13179, which I was excited to see Noakes Dock exports Personal Weapons and was well within my 10ly jump range. So I headed right over, docked and - Personal Weapons aren't even shown on the Commodities Market screen.
I have 10t of non-lethal weapons in my cargo.

I think you need 2-3 for the mission?

Let me know where you get the mission from (I can't remember) and I'll meet you there.
Old 16-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #150
Acelister

Tentacle

Acelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to all

The mission pops up now and then at various ports.
Old 18-01-2015, 02:27 AM   #151
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

Route planning extending to 1, 000ly
Old 18-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #152
Jamz

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
Route planning extending to 1, 000ly
Oh wow, that's a huge increase!!
Old 18-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #153
Jamz

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelister View Post
The mission pops up now and then at various ports.
I'm online now Ace, if you want me to bring you these non-lethal weapons?

I'm also on TS.
Old 18-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #154
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Right gonna finally fire it up today and have a bash, how do I add you guys in game?

Tutorial time atm

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 18-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #155
Jamz

Antlion

Get on TS plat.

Old 18-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #156
Platinum

Tentacle

Rage quited on the advanced combat, that shits pretty hard

Old 18-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #157
Acelister

Tentacle

Acelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to all

Advanced Combat is something you can live without. While you're getting used to using four thrusters at once, it's easiest to get in game. Come on tonight and we can all have a laugh. Just like Jamz was laughing at me earlier...
Old 18-01-2015, 02:00 PM   #158
Jamz

Antlion

Plat, just join bobsters group game and add me, and join TS!

Old 19-01-2015, 01:46 AM   #159
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

had an entaglement with an Imperial Clipper this evening! - interdicted me, i was going to fight the interdiction, but thought what the hell, if it's a fed i'll just jump.. anything else is fair game, boy was that a shocker!
Old 19-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #160
Gerrard

Zombie

Gerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the roughGerrard is a jewel in the rough

So the trade route I've been doing that I mentioned on TS last night was: -

Adeo (Ramelli Dock) 94ls -> Duwali (Bisson Dock) 63ls
Beryllium 1400 per ton prefit
Indite going back at 570 per ton profit.
Distance 16.33ly

The good thing about this route is that both stations are under 100ls away making it pretty quick. It's not as good as the one linked in the video though but it can be done in one jump in a Type-6 (at 102 ton cargo and a 8 ton fuel tank).
Gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote