GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > First Person Shooter > Battlefield 1942 / DC and BF2

Battlefield 1942 / DC and BF2 Covering chat on Battlefiled and any of its mods. Also Battlefield2

Old 28-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of
Battlefield 3 and your thoughts?

Well i got mine in the post yesterday on the PS3 and all i can say is WOW.

Was playing it till 2:30am this morning and had to go to work at 6am but it was worth it.

The single player is just amazing and the multiplay is one of the best i've ever played.

Just a pitty all the servers are full. If your playing on the console multiplayer don't select quick game (you'll keep getting connection lost). Click on Select server and it'll work fine.

Whats your throughts on this?
Old 28-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of
Re: Battlefield 3 and your thoughts?

Not a fan of Origin and the web browser method of launching the game. However, I love the game play, much more balanced than the beta, one of the main things that strike me is the quality of the sounds in the game they are awesome.
We ought to set up a Gamegrin platoon
fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer View Post
Not a fan of Origin and the web browser method of launching the game. However, I love the game play, much more balanced than the beta, one of the main things that strike me is the quality of the sounds in the game they are awesome.
We ought to set up a Gamegrin platoon
I (and others I believe) are still on the fence about it with the whole Origin and Battlelog bull****.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
I (and others I believe) are still on the fence about it with the whole Origin and Battlelog bull****.
Same, until I see more concerns regarding account security from EA I wont be going near BF3, sad that a stupid design decision can affect things so heavily.

Glad you're enjoying yourselves so far though.
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

I've played the single player for a bit, it's really good. Haven't had a chance to play multiplayer yet but probably will at some point this weekend.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Picking it up at Lunch, Any chance of a GO server being set up?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
Ice Maiden

Zombie

Ice Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura aboutIce Maiden has a spectacular aura about

Did anyone pre-order from Asda? Since it was the cheapest price I found (25) got it from them but on the eve of release I got an e-mail saying my order had been cancelled :/. Spoke to them on the phone and they explained they didn't have enough games for customers so had to cancel. I get a full refund and a 10 gift voucher as an apology, gits!
Ice Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future

Should get mine today with some free DLC clothes form Amazon....hmmmph.
http://www.enterbf3.com/topic/2721-specact-kit-images/
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Loving it, the browser based launching has grown on me but it would be nice to have it all contained, no running issues just a few gripes of balanced gameplay which will be no doubt addressed at some point but this has really excited me this week. As Fazer said the sounds are awesome i just crack up the surround sound and i just love the whistle of bullets going past you, lot of people have moaned about the contrast issues in the game on the PC, me i love it.

Second on the GG platoon
iNTOXiCATiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, got my copy now, from the sounds of it then the only grips are the browser login, not being able to create a squad in game and no lan support?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

One of the only positives I can think of to Battlebook is simply linking a server so a friend can join in a click; this however is off-set by Steam having an even simpler 'Join Game' button on friends names.

Battlelog and Metro aside, I ******* loved the gameplay in the beta, I've been on and off about buying it but it looks like the majority of folks I know will be getting it despite the Battlelog/Origin issues, so I'll likely pick it up next week.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #12
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think my 3870 card and E8500 processor have a cat in hell's chance of playing it at any meaningful resolution and there's no way I can afford an upgrade at the moment so I think I'm going to have to reluctantly pass on this for now.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
We all hated Steam once upon a time
Old 01-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not so fussed about Origin anymore. I'll be using it for Old Republic and there's no chance in hell I'm missing out on that game simply because I don't want another client installed, so not a problem.

I still detest Battlelog and the whole idea of it though, but this is based on beta experience, so I'll hold proper judgement until I try it properly I suppose. Thinking of picking this up Thursday or Friday so I'll see how it goes.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #15
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monger View Post
We all hated Steam once upon a time
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
I'm not so fussed about Origin anymore. I'll be using it for Old Republic and there's no chance in hell I'm missing out on that game simply because I don't want another client installed, so not a problem.

I still detest Battlelog and the whole idea of it though, but this is based on beta experience, so I'll hold proper judgement until I try it properly I suppose. Thinking of picking this up Thursday or Friday so I'll see how it goes.
I agree, in all honesty to hopefully provide us with fairer pricing we need more online game distributors. Ideally yes they wouldn't all require a client running 24/7 in order to access your game but with the only time this year I've cursed Steam being the incident where it made Duke Nukem Forever unplayable without tweaking priorities in the task manager and core allocation due to steam.exe eating up most of the processing time I wont begrudge a program a few processor cycles and 42mb out of 4gb of ram.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote