GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 30-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Physicist

Roller Mine

Physicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nice
PSU and high end GFX cards

Right, im confused, the new generation cards nvidia 2xx recommend a psu of at least 680w and 12 v rail with 48A now i have been on scan and only a small handfull of large 600w+ psu have the correct stats according to card manufacturers, what connections do these new cards actully use is it the new 6+2 pci-e connectors and how many of them, as my computer fund is approaching the, number of pennies saved up = new computer time

Thanks in advance
Old 30-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Physicist

Roller Mine

Physicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nice
Re: PSU and high end GFX cards

Come on guys and girls some of you must be sitting there knowing some of the answers, share the joy
Old 30-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all

my 4870x2 uses 6pin and an 8 pin some card makers also listed supported psu mate
Old 31-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

My new 5850 uses 2x 6 PCI-E power connectors. Be sure to check out 'The Wop Rebuild' thread for the PSU I grabbed.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Cant go wrong with the Corsair PSU's, modular, and come with a very comprehensive package of cables etc.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Physicist

Roller Mine

Thanks guys for all your help