GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion > Builds and Projects

Builds and Projects Show off your gaming rig and modifications.

Old 24-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Front Panel Switch Board

I'm thinking of creating or implementing a switch board type thing on the front of my computer. I want to be able to control fan speed, LEDs and power on a small board of switches below my Bluray drive.

Does anybody know where I would start with doing this?

I don't think I could control the LEDS and Fans differently though because they both run off the same power.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
There's plenty of drive bay fan controllers on the market; whether there are any that control LEDs as well is another matter.
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Front Panel Switch Board

That's the word I was looking for! Drive Bay!

Something like this? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/xclio...and-fan-guards
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
Ning

Fast Headcrab

Ning is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the roughNing is a jewel in the rough

Ask listy he may have a spare as the old case i gave him had two Aerocool controllers (4 fan), dont think he will be doing the watercooling i had in there he may let you have..
Ning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
marky_mark

Poisonous Zombie

marky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ning View Post
Ask listy he may have a spare as the old case i gave him had two Aerocool controllers (4 fan), dont think he will be doing the watercooling i had in there he may let you have..
for a fiver !!!!!!
marky_mark is offline   Reply With Quote