GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Adventure + RPG

Old 16-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
TimmyShire

Fast Zombie

TimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura about
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - Now Available

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - Now Available

Visit here to read more

Snippet:
The newly enhanced special edition version of the Lucas Arts classic, The Secret of Monkey Island is now available to purchase through Xbox Live Marketplace or Steam. Have a read of GameOn's preview here before rushing off to get a copy of this excellent classic.**
The game is a remake of the 1990 original; with all new HD graphics, re-mastered soundtrack and voicework as well as a new hint system to help newcomers to the game work through this hilarious game's puzzles.

......Read More
TimmyShire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - Now Available

Got this last week and finally got round to polishing it off yesterday.

Being a massive fan of the original and being one of my favorite games of all time this had a lot to live up to and I had mixed feelings on it from the start.

While all the backdrops are lovely and details I cant help but look at the character's and feel they don't seem to quite fit in.

I don't like the way Guybrush walks at all either that just looks well funny and reminds me of the original cs 6.5 update where they all work around looking like they have just been anal raped.

I have no problems with the revamped sound but I guess the big debate is now having voices for the character's and personally I think they shouldn't as is just doesn't feel right and its taking it one step further then a remake by actually trying to enhance it.

I like the way you can also switch between the old version and the new version by pressing f10 while playing but unfortunately trying to play the orig at 1280*1024 doesn't work very well at all as its all just massively pixelated.

Is it worth 6.99? personally id say yes even if you not a big fan of the update you can always play the old version now without having to run emulators.

Ill be curious to see if they do Monkey Island 2 now but the pressure to get that one right will be even higher then doing the first.
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of
Re: The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - Now Available

ive never played any of the games, so i bought this. So far so good. Im not hugely far into it but after tonight that may change.