GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 29-04-2000, 12:20 AM   #1
Hairy

Bullsquid

Hairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond repute
Angry CS Lamer B@stards??????

Just got mail from our "Leader" Mr. ACOr Alex.
Seems most Llamas at Burton VI were using some truly lame Lambert-101. cheat.
I mean, everyone glows in the dark!?
JUst how lame is this???
A MOD where realism is supposed to be the name of the game, and everyone and his dog has the opposition glowing like some sort of demented kebab house sign.
We all like to get a frag every now and again, but this seems to be just taking advantage of fair and just gamers, such as the likes of ACOr, who take their humiliations in good spirit and don't just play to win no matter what the cost to gamesmenship.

"Eat my shorts" I say to all you low life "Here comes the readybrek man" type ppl who couldn't get a win at Q3 playing The Hairy One(I suk at Q3).

A self- righteous Git who is only too quick to make his opinion known.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 12:32 AM   #2
ACOr.Alecks

Headcrab

ACOr.Alecks is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Just don't mention the TK's we don't want to get cs_cloud started. Oh lordy.

ACOr.Alecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 12:44 AM   #3
WarLock

Poisonous Headcrab

WarLock is an unknown quantity at this pointWarLock is an unknown quantity at this pointWarLock is an unknown quantity at this pointWarLock is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

PLEASE OH PLEASE DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT TEAM KILLING.
or we will have the cloud give his twisted comments that only boff agrees with LOL.

if you are gonna talk about Team killing do it on ICQ!

------------------
If there is no reasonning
bitch slap the mother
WarLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 02:57 AM   #4
FusioN

Human Grunt

FusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this point
I know for a fact Quakers do this, tweak the game to the max edge.. I do it myself in Q3, and have done it in CS.. I know about lambert, but generally forget to use it
FusioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 11:15 AM   #5
ACOr GreaZa

Houndeye

ACOr GreaZa is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah i got that Message Hairy. Never knew about that cheat. Wont matter now i do......Cos unlike some other lame Turkeys i prefer to get frags and win games without any. I know you got the argument of its a Lan and youre there to have fun...blah....blah....blah.....BolloX...etc....etc , but cheating is cheating and im sorry if you disagree. Turn the cheats of fellas and play the games how they should be played....after all your only cheating yourself in the Long-Haul.
And as for u FushioN.....Do you really need a Cheat. I thought you werent half bad without it. LoL. Did you play Alecks at Q3 again ? ,cos he's keeping pretty quiet about it if so. Or was he running scared ??????
Cheat wise i think Rash needs to do someat about it for the next Lan. Or people will stop going.........

Later all
ACOr GreaZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 12:01 PM   #6
Vertigo

Manhack

Vertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished road
Just to slip my 2 cents worth in here..

I have got very bored of getting plugged in the head when playing as a dark CT, hiding (not camping of course) in the darkest corner of the map.

For ages i wondered why, and now i know - lambert -1.1 lovely.

Well, do unto others etc etc. thats what i say, so now i have a key bound to it, and use it whenever i cah on those dark levels. Why should i play with a disadvantage?

If you can garuntee that others arent playing with it, i'll turn it off for sure.

Also, how do you expect Rasher to stop ppl using a client side command on their own machine? beat them round the head? take away their keyb's? Will he also ban tri-linear filtering? (its a graphical option too..)

Dunno, flame away if you feel like it, but as long as others are using it to THEIR advantage, im playing fair and equalling the odds.

------------------
There'll be no tears, no screams or cries,
Just a laser beam between ya f*cking eyes....

Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 01:00 PM   #7
Helta

Manhack

Helta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enough
Talking

Lambert was actually introduced for ATI cards, they run very dark and the idea was that they could help ATI users.

Lambert is not a cheat, it is a video option and it is on the client side. All lambert does is releases all environmental lighting on the models (I checked in the code). If you are outside on a bright level such as dust or militia then it makes no difference, cus it's fully light there anyway.

I agree with Verty on this one, there is NO was rasher or anyone can stop it happening, so what is the point in complaining?
Helta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 01:26 PM   #8
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
I really do hate Cheaters..and Tk'ers blah blah...moan...moan..complain...Yadda...yadda...mor e yadda...Rah rah rah! Moan moan Yadda...Rahcomplain..blah...moan...moan..complain. ..Yadda...yadda...more yadda...Rah rah rahMoanmoanYadda...Rah ,complain..blah...moan...moan..complain...Yadda... yadda...more yadda...Rah rah rah! Moan moan Yadda...Rah complain..yadda...Rah rah rah! Moan moan Yadda...Rah complain..yadda...Rah rah rah! Moan moan Yadda...Rah complain..yadda...Rah rah rah! Moan moan Yadda...Rah complain..Ping.

And thats what i think about the whole entire matter.
cloud_ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 01:27 PM   #9
ACOr.Alecks

Headcrab

Wink

Oh K then guys if this is all khosha!

In that case you won't mind then if I use hacked models which are like 10m tall giants which I can hit from the other side of the map with a pistol. Will ya

[This message has been edited by ACOr.Alecks (edited 29 April 2000).]
Old 29-04-2000, 02:03 PM   #10
ACOr GreaZa

Houndeye

ACOr GreaZa is an unknown quantity at this point
Alex has an ATI card and he has never felt the need to use the Lambert option with it. I wasnt saying that Rash could do anything about the option code wise or whatever, but how about a general sort of come on lets not cheat type of introductory Speech at next Lan. I don't think the CS team intended the Mod to be played with glowing Models ! Do you ?
Vertigo's right thougth if everyone agrees not to use any unfair advantages, then we should set the rule between us and barrack anyone ourselves when we spot them using said tweaks.
Its a tougth issue, but id just like to see genuine fairplay. Is that so much to ask ?

ACOr.
ACOr GreaZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 04:15 PM   #11
Coli_Wan

Zombie

Coli_Wan is an unknown quantity at this point
YO YO YO ..

I have a key bound to lambert -1.1

BRING IT XMAS TREE :-)

Coli_Wan
Coli_Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 04:47 PM   #12
Vertigo

Manhack

Vertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished road
(oh look, coli's drunk again..)

yeah i think enforcement is hard, but a general - "no lambert pls" speech (or other cheats, including 10ft tall models ) would be good, but online i think it is unfair to play without it when so many do. play with it. or something.

i'll get me coat.

------------------
There'll be no tears, no screams or cries,
Just a laser beam between ya f*cking eyes....

Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 05:36 PM   #13
Coli_Wan

Zombie

Not drunk, just ****y, that and I've been watching MTV Base

I agree..if everyone is doing it...I'll be bugg3r3d if Im gonna miss out, I also dont believe its cheating, ok its exploiting a line of code, but since everyone can do it..so what..

My Idea of cheating is models with 9ft spikes coming outta every orifice...ala MACCA..you cheating sonofabitch....

Thats and unfair advantage...

Coli_Wan
Old 29-04-2000, 06:20 PM   #14
Helta

Manhack

Helta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enough
Esentially it is upto the individual player. In quake3, me a fusion turn everything off, and brightness right up =) None of this lightmap crap =D

GreaZa - Okay, not all ATI cards, but I have an old one that Halflife runs dark on,

Alex - The Giants thing, there is no way of doing that, because played bouding boxes are set in the code.

GreaZa - The models aint glowing, they are just fully lighted. I have some other commands that light up the level ala Q3 - lightmap. But there we go.

You are ALWAYS going to get exploits in the code, and in all respect, lambert is quite a small exploit.
I don't agree with it, I don't think people should use it. But there, do people really listen to me?

Fact it, if you are a good CS player, it shouldn't make a difference.

Fraid we are just gonna have to put up with it =(

Old 29-04-2000, 06:41 PM   #15
ACOr.Alecks

Headcrab

Exclamation

Lets not argue the technicalities too much here Helta. Fact is setting lambert to "-1.01" makes players visible in environments that would not normally allow them to visible. True, its in the regular game code but I'd really prefer it if people refrained from using it. As for the models, Macca is a case in point which proves that iffy custom models are allowed, i just exaggerated by saying 10m tall models could be used

And Coli_wan, I agree with ya. Macca should drop those dodgy models and if he doesn't, kick him from the servers. If he still won't budge then I say we berate him until he's a blubbering wreck.

I have made my statement, I shall refrain from further whinging.
Old 29-04-2000, 06:52 PM   #16
Helta

Manhack

Talking

"Fact is setting lambert to "-1.01" makes players visible in environments that would not normally allow them to visible."

I agree with you there, and please understand that I am not condoning lambert in any way.

There are no changes in the game code that make people easier to hit, just see. So that's one thing we can be greatful for.

Also, how can you tell what models Macca is using? It is entirly client side, the server doesn't have a clue, this has been a problem since Quake2. This is where iD and quake3 have shone, with 'pure server'.

Alecs, I am agreing with you here. Fact is tho, that you have no one to complain to =(

[This message has been edited by Helta (edited 29 April 2000).]
Old 29-04-2000, 06:56 PM   #17
Glyndwr

Manhack

Glyndwr is an unknown quantity at this point
Last lan I never used the lambert cheat and I still got good kill scores. If they want to cheat let them. It's like the isdn users on line, they can't play for poo at a lan. They are only chaeting themselves in game and in life they will do the same. It's always harder to take the rougher road, but it's always a more rewarding path.

Put it on and get a few kills on a darker map. But in the brite areas of maps like dust. I know who my moneys on. The non cheater. A better player the dark side makes.

------------------
Better than you have tried and Failed.
Glyndwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 07:03 PM   #18
FusioN

Human Grunt

FusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, like Helta said, Q and Q2 were the worst, you could have bright yellow skins, massive models, and big glowing rods sticking outta the models to make sure u wernt gonna miss 'em..

That's lame, although I wouldn't exactly call it game spoiling.. I always have, and always will strife to get the best visual config tho, brightness e.t.c wise..

To be honest, lambert doesnt bother me, the mod is realism based, but in the end, it isnt real (unlike Quake).. if I can do something to stop myself from being killed, I will, like 99% of people will

Like Verty said, if other people are using it, and u cant beat em, join em
FusioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 07:59 PM   #19
Pegster

Bullsquid

Pegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura about
You guys make me sick - I never even heard of this cheat until now and I am maybe realising why some peeps were getting highly suspicious kills like on the hijack 707 map.

People condone others for camping when I see this as pretty much the same - it all comes down to cheating and that's not really on. I'm not going to use this command but it still p*sses me off knowing others will.

However it makes my scores on some maps seem a lot better now that I know others were cheating to get some extra kills.

If they cheat like f*ck then camp
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2000, 08:20 PM   #20
Coli_Wan

Zombie

let me be the first to say,

Peggy, you have no right saying that...

YOU ARE A CAMPER....

YOU CAMP, you pitch a tent, you even roast f*ckin marshmallows....lol

coli_wam