GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Off Topic Discussions

Off Topic Discussions For something that doesn't fit in any other category

Old 30-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of
can't wait!!!

Just bought a samsung 46" 3d tv but i have to wait till tuesday at the earliest for delivery

Really really can't wait to start playing the n64 and snes in 3d

(It has a function to turn a 2d feed into 3d)
Old 30-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: can't wait!!!

That does sound pretty epic - though how it works with the snes...
Old 30-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, you have more money than sense...

I cant see the point of paying for a 3D tv when its dosn't work without the special goggles you have to wear OR without specific 3D broadcasts.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

The reason i bought it was because of all the features it has not just for the 3d.

Tuner: Integrated Freeview HD TV Televisions Tuner
Contrast Ratio: 300,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
Frequency: 240Hz
Cinema Mode: 24p Playback
Progressive Scan: Yes
Electronic Programme Guide: Yes
2D to 3D Conversion
DLNA Technology

Also has built in internet tv so i can watch iplayer, youtube and other stuff. There also adding extra apps for download.

Not sure how it does the 2d to 3d conversion but to be honest it's really good when i saw a demo of it.

Also bought this so the baby when shes old can't pull the tv onto her
Old 01-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! altho I'm sure you will, let us know how it goes. Post us some pics of the 3D affecting the SNES - I'd like to see what the TV does to the image (im aware I won't see the three dee :P )
Old 02-10-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post
Nice! altho I'm sure you will, let us know how it goes. Post us some pics of the 3D affecting the SNES - I'd like to see what the TV does to the image (im aware I won't see the three dee :P )
If he put the glasses infront of the lens, what would happen?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Nothing...
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
the count of brain cells in london just halved
Old 02-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

I did have a nice post that explained it and why it wouldn't work. Check wiki out for "Stereoscopy".
Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #10
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Be nice to hear your opinion on the tele, my old plasma is is on its last legs and it would be a good time replace the lcd in the living room with something more upto date but i need the justification to spend the wonga on such a thing.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #11
erickdgamer

Houndeye

erickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these partserickdgamer is infamous around these parts

I'd like to try the same thing, my SNES is still intact i'd love to play donkey kong or rampart lol..
Old 08-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #12
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

Just gave up with waiting on the site i ordered mine from so went to richer sounds today and picked it up for 999.

I have to say i love it. I've not had time to set the whole htpc up yet so not watched a 3d bluray but i have to say the 2d to 3d is crazy. The optical output on the tv works really well with a av. The built in iplayer and youtube are amazing and work really well.

I'll say more when i get to play with it more and i have had time to play left 4 dead 2 in 3d
Old 08-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #13
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

also this tv has a usb that you can plug anything into and also network reconition. I got onto my naz drive and was watching a divx movies as it's all built in