GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #21
samsam

Scanner

samsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Do videogames cause violent behavior?

I don't really think so, although a lot depends upon the gamer himself. It depends on the mental conditioning and the nature of the game. dellusional ppl tend to think of themselves as saviors, thus the violence. That's why I stick to casual online stuff than hardcore places. I stumbled upn the cool site
gamegrin.com and found it a safe haven!!

Last edited by Colio; 07-11-2008 at 11:59 AM.
samsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:16 AM   #22
Jozii

Baby Headcrab

Jozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enoughJozii will become famous soon enough
Re: Do videogames cause violent behavior?

Alright, this is both annoying and funny at the same time :P

First off, no, I rarely do anything on the GameOn forum, though it is a great place! I came to the GameOn mag to write, and I'm happy with that

Second, thank you POP and Rasher But I'm not upset about anything and this whole confusion is probably due to us handling it the wrong way rather than anyone posting "bad" comments. Can't blame the readers.

Third, I read everything you say here, since my first column. I just don't comment but let things develop on their own :P Perhaps it would have been nice if it was clearer who I was or if these article threads could only be accessed through the links in the actual mag, and it's sad that things got the way they are. But as I said, I'm not upset about anything.

And finally, for the sake of argument and to get back on topic, I really like what Boff said: "Does gameing cause violent behaviour, well if you removed the "action" from the action gamer, he apparently seeks it somewhere else i.e. if I don't get my laptop back soon, voilence may start spilling on the streets of stockholm" That's a good point.

But, to see another side of it, if there weren't any videogames, if people spent their time on other mentally calming activities that don't involve virtual violence, wouldn't that be better? If you, to stick to the example, didn't own a laptop to begin with and had another hobby instead, wouldn't that be "better" for you? Because, like it or not, violence in games must do *something* to our minds, or am I wrong?
Jozii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #23
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

violence existed before computer games and hollywood.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #24
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Something to read and fuel the debate if your interested: http://www.edge-online.com/news/japa...ssive-behavior

I was going to do a news story on this recently, but found it a too common and touchy subject to bother with
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote