GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Console Chat > Miscellaneous Console Chat

Miscellaneous Console Chat Anything we missed

View Poll Results: Which One?
Xbox One 0 0%
Playstation 4 16 61.54%
Both 5 19.23%
Neither 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #21
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which will you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
/hopes that the kind GG people will do a overview post after E3 with all the links to the articles in it so I an easily see whats been reported.
Yes.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #22
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold

Hi Plat. Over the course of the next few hours we'll be uploading summaries of the major conferences, with details of all games covered in them.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #23
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
Hi Plat. Over the course of the next few hours we'll be uploading summaries of the major conferences, with details of all games covered in them.
Cheers mate, Though I have noticed that all the links have been posted to the same forum so I can scan that rather than getting a bit lost on the main page.

Not really had much time to keep up tbh, work all day then im fucked by the time I get home, will have to try and catch up at the weekend.

Cheers Wheaton.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #24
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Xbox One then PS4. Not that many PS4 exclusive games I want to play really apart from GT

The whole used game thing... both consoles have it in place (makes me think the big 3rd party ones wanted a slice especially after EA called off the redemption code system)
finlay666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #25
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

PS4 doesnt have it in place, my understanding with the PS4 is used games are as it is now, Buy it sell it trade it do whatever you want, however devs (EA) can restrict MP access on second hand games which will require a online pass.

Second hand games restriction is far far away from the craziness on the Xbone One.

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 12-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #26
Misterwoot

Manhack

Misterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura aboutMisterwoot has a spectacular aura about

Mrs wants a PS4 and I will buy her one because I too would like one and it means I can snaffle her PS3

Enlightened self interest though says "upgrade ya PC ya fewl"... so I will
Bang
Blow
Shoot First, Second, Third and Fourth.... and ask questions to fill time while you reload.
Misterwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #27
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
There was an interview with Don Mattrick (Xbox reveal guy) on GameTrailers and I wish so hard that I could find a link for it.

Looking pallid and tired, he stood there and said the words "we have a device for people who don't have a constant connection. It's called the 360." He literally discouraged people from buying the console.

He went on to say "the average internet connection is on almost all of the time. People like to imagine it isn't." That's great, go tell people without the internet that the average connection works just fine.

It was unbelievable. I was expecting damage control!
This is the interview.

I almost want to buy a PS4 just out of spite now.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #28
Platinum
raggggggggge

5 people have far to much money

Old 18-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #29
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
5 people have far to much money
Weren't you just talking about changing your laptop because of Flash using a bit too much battery the other day?
Old 18-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #30
Platinum
raggggggggge

I know I have to much money , will be gone when I get a house though, save all the goldz now whilst I can

Old 19-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #31
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of

Quote:
PS4 doesnt have it in place, my understanding with the PS4 is used games are as it is now, Buy it sell it trade it do whatever you want, however devs (EA) can restrict MP access on second hand games which will require a online pass.
Both have it in place if they wished to use it, just to different lengths

"The DRM decision for third-party games will be up to publishers." - Jack Tretton

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/1...-to-publishers

They can restrict it, it's up to the 3rd parties. EA abandoning project $10 means nothing, gamers get pissed having to pay extra for a feature on a used game that gets turned off soon after
Old 19-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #32
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

And MS have had a complete fail on the whole Xbox One so far... so many 180's it's like a Tony Hawks game

Bowing to the consumer

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/19/x...ames-reversal/
Old 19-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #33
Platinum
raggggggggge

XB One looks a lot better now!

MS have defiantly done the right thing here, fair play to them there, I wonder if the damage has already been done though?

Now that pre order cheevo / challenge, hmm....

Old 10-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MS have defiantly done the right thing here, fair play to them there, I wonder if the damage has already been done though?
I'm in two minds about it.

In one sense, I like that they've done what the customer wanted and said "fair play, we're listen to our demographic". It's commendable that they backed down. Their demographic doesn't like change and wants to stay as is.

On the other hand, this could have been the start of something a lot bigger and the stepping stone that the console market needed to get into the digital distribution for the mainstream. They also bowed to peer pressure.

I just don't know.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #35
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

I think it's a good thing they did it. It's a shame that the license sharing isn't available for people who wanted it, but losing it is far better than the draconian "check in with me daily or I WILL END YOUR FAMILY" bullshit. In fact, having spent 4 of the last 7 days without the internet due to my U-Verse gateway deciding to join the Motherboard in the Sky, I was reminded of why I found Microsoft so infuriatingly and offensively blasť when they said "the average connection is always on people are imagining herpy derpy diggerpy derr."

With That Said.

License transfers shouldn't be *that* hard to do. I can't understand why I can't be online on the Xbox and send the license that way. Then, when the recipient logs on, they can accept the license and download the game themselves.

That way the key moments (sending and receiving) are carried out online without having to do a daily bloody check-in.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #36
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
It's a shame that the license sharing isn't available for people who wanted it
I'd heard quite a bit that this 'Family Sharing' was more like 'Family Demo-ing' in that they could only play the game for about an hour, before being asked to purchase it if they wanted to continue.

Not sure if it was true, or a sneaky ploy to make us feel less bad about losing it. Never found any confirmed sources for it.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #37
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

I didn't mean that, I meant the license transferring. My bad, worded that horrible!