GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Console Chat > Hand Helds

Hand Helds PSP NDS GameBoys (GBA) etc

Old 14-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl

There's a review at Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76213

Before anyone scoffs (which they will) it's a cracking game. It's still an RPG like Warcrack or Guild Wars and involves levelling up, gaining skills, using the move and Pokémon types to ramp up effectiveness and, of course, there's the seemingly never-ending task of collecting of the Pokémon (not required but frustratingly fun.)

The mechanics and the methodology of the game is far more advanced than you'd ever think. You can even battle and trade online in this version! ^_^

If you have a DS, make this a "to buy".

#70 might be a Poké-LAN. (haha, if only I could rep myself for that.)
Roger_Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of
Its look the same as all the others...
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
dayspring

Poisonous Zombie

dayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nicedayspring is just really nice
Heard good things about the latest Pokemon games, last one I actually bought was for an old Gameboy iirc, Pokemon Silver I think. Before that I had both Blue (Squirtle) and Red (Charmander) versions. It all seemed to go a bit crazy when Mew and Mewtoo came into it all after the movie.

With the DS sitting there gathering dust I may take the time out to invest some time in a new game. Its just so hard to justify when Final Fantasy 7 (and to a lesser extent Zelda 3) is sitting there needing to be finished on the PSP.
Old 14-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Mellie View Post

#70 might be a Poké-LAN. (haha, if only I could rep myself for that.)
Brining my DS to the lan didn't even cross my mind, but its a defo now.

I'd better get levelling my pokemon.

Its a great game, a truely refined experience. Completely polished in my opinion.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
Blondie

Fast Headcrab

Blondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to beholdBlondie is a splendid one to behold
I shall be bringing my pink DS

I need to get rog to show me how to play it lol

The Future Mrs Roger Mellie
Blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 07:41 AM   #7
Losty

Human Grunt

Losty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the rough
I'll be getting this. Could import it but I think I'll just wait until June when the UK version is released.

Diamond > Pearl!
Losty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
My magikarp has evolved into a gyrados. Behold the power of Haddox!
Roger_Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #9
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
gyrados flap uselessly

gyrados dies

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #10
Badger_Boy

Manhack

Badger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really niceBadger_Boy is just really nice
www.videogamesplus.ca

OPrdered mine off there arrived within the next 2 days I paid Ł25 for it which is cheaper than it is going to be, This game fucking rules.