GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 19-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #1
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
New phone

Just been in to the 02 shop in town to enquire about a upgrade and they wanted 70 for the D500 , went to the link 2 shops down and they have it free on a new contract with Orange.
Surly it would make sense to offer free upgrades to keep existing customers instead of just having them for new customers??

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
orange is a better network anyway
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 02:31 PM   #3
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Well I got the D500, gotta send a letter now to 02 to get that contract canceled and bring me down to 2 contracts

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 19-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #4
Ste (homz)

Bullsquid

Ste (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of light
i gots that phone , pure sex it is

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Ste (homz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 03:22 PM   #5
Platinum

Tentacle

I cant stop sliding it lol

Old 19-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
ShoX

Human Grunt

ShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura about
Been trying to decide what to go for with my upgrade, got an SPV E200 atm, thinking about the E500 but I'm not sure.

What's the menu lag like on the Samsungs these days? It used to be quite bad didn't it?
Old 19-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #7
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
Plat - always go directly to your network provider not a shop when upgrading. I made the same mistake with my new phone. I was told Voda would be 60 to upgrade or free with a new o2 contract, so I went with the new contract. When i phoned voda to cancel they said if I had gone there first they would have done it for 10 and that shops get commsion on new contracts hence they make upgrades sound more expensive.
They also forgot to tell me that to transfer my number was 25
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #8
Ste (homz)

Bullsquid

Ste (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of light
doesnt seem to have any lag at all man , going through the menus is very fluid/smooth only beef i have with this phone is that it doesnt have a sms counter like majority of new nokias do and its a orange handset and has the daft toolbar down the side , but when the software becomes available that will be gone

had to find a unlock code too so i cud use it on voda, voda didnt have any when i wanted one :/

tis a lovely phone

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 19-02-2005, 07:17 PM   #9
NBK
Banned

NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
orange is good for new customers...
500 txts and 200 mins for 30 quid a month
i want that
Old 19-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #10
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
i'm on O2 and they're shite! every month they disconnect me because they say they can't take the money out of my account, so i have to use a CC to pay it online.. soon as my contract is past a year i'm back to Orange. oh and a new phone
Old 20-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #11
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy
They also forgot to tell me that to transfer my number was 25
do what?? i've never been charged to transfer my number..

been from Orange > T-Mobile > 02, and never once been charged to keep my number..
Old 20-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #12
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
standard charge now for PAK codes. If your lucky they include ths as part of your transfer to a new network.
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #13
mole

Human Grunt

mole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK
orange is good for new customers...
500 txts and 200 mins for 30 quid a month
i want that
That is the same contract i'm on with O2 tbh.

I think o2 r better than orange though tbh. I never got any orange signal in my house, only at my bedroom window which is the back corner of the house ! :/

With o2 i get full signal everywhere in the house

And I also get better signal everywhere i go aswell, no complains at all.

Though my bro tells me i'll get charged for roaming when i go on holiday in the summer, where orange don't...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #14
Ste (homz)

Bullsquid

id say same mole , in fact id say o2 are the best operator goin , i have 2 numbers one on o2 and one on voda , the voda 1 i use a lot because of the tariff im on and also being tied to this contract until september , i think when it runs out im guna go to o2 and keep my number as its got sexy digits.

Old 20-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #15
NBK
Banned

i get full signal everywhere with orange...except its a bit dodgy in work but then everyones is in that place!
Old 20-02-2005, 11:44 AM   #16
Ste (homz)

Bullsquid

yeah same with me , its awful trying to send txts from work on my phone it just says error all the time although ive got a sweet spot on my desk where i can put my phone and it will send txts "all night long"

Old 20-02-2005, 11:49 AM   #17
Zim

Fast Zombie

Zim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster
been from Orange > T-Mobile > 02, and never once been charged to keep my number..
My missus has changed networks about four times in the past twelve months and she has never had to pay for her number transfere. But when she crossed over from Three to 02 her number went dead for about a week, really dodgy!

She phoned both networks and they couldn't come up with a decent answer, 02 just said its Three's fault, and vice versa.
Old 20-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #18
ilogik

Manhack

ilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enoughilogik will become famous soon enough
Always been with Voda, since I was 16 and got mi first mobile. Never once has it let me down. Got an 02 simcard I'm wanting to use as it's got all the texts but been told by mi mate who lives up the road the area I am in doesn't have the best reception. Voda always been great though.
ilogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 09:48 AM   #19
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster
i'm on O2 and they're shite! every month they disconnect me because they say they can't take the money out of my account, so i have to use a CC to pay it online.. soon as my contract is past a year i'm back to Orange. oh and a new phone...
you as well bobster....

lol.....

I've been with o2 for years, their service is excellent, its just their customer service which lacks....

oh well...

wouldnt touch orange with any of yours...though..

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote