GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Sports

Sports All things sports related
Discuss anything from football to fishing

Old 25-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
F1's Massa to have surgery after crash

While im no Ferrari fan I wouldn't wish this sort of thing on anyone and looking at what happened hes very very lucky indeed.

Brings back some painful memories of Senna who wasn't so lucky.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8168807.stm
Old 25-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: F1's Massa to have surgery after crash

Shumacher to replace him whilst he is out?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 25-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Shumacher to replace him whilst he is out?
Guess its possible as I don't think he will be back for the next race personally.

Mark Gene & Luca Badoer in particular haven't exactly set the world alight with there previous f1 performances.
Old 25-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Nah very much doubt it but would be win if he did

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 25-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

It quite bizarre to have 2 accidents both involving flying debris in such a short time scale.

At least Massas' didn't go the same way as Henry Surtees'

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

Old 25-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #6
Platinum

Tentacle

Still a **** to have that hit you on the head at speed

Old 25-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

What I'm amazed at is how Massa managed to brake even though he was practically unconscious. He was even downshifting as well, pretty amazing imo.

These last two debris collisions have made me wonder why F1 is still open top?
Why hasn't it been converted to closed top yet? It would make the aero far better anyway wouldn't it?
Old 25-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #8
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNsLiNgEr View Post
What I'm amazed at is how Massa managed to brake even though he was practically unconscious. He was even downshifting as well, pretty amazing imo.

These last two debris collisions have made me wonder why F1 is still open top?
Why hasn't it been converted to closed top yet? It would make the aero far better anyway wouldn't it?
Only 1 of the debris collision was in f1.

I personally think enclosing them will make it more dangerous in accidents.

What happens for example if someone crashes and the car catches fire but the driver is trapped inside?
Old 25-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
Only 1 of the debris collision was in f1.

I personally think enclosing them will make it more dangerous in accidents.

What happens for example if someone crashes and the car catches fire but the driver is trapped inside?
There is a high chance that the driver would still be trapped either way I think.

The crash that did occur with debris was bloody horrible though.
Old 25-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #10
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
There is a high chance that the driver would still be trapped either way I think.
I take it from that comment you don't watch much f1?

Only a few that spring to mind are I think when Michael schumacher broke his legs back in 99 and Damon hill springs to mind when he rolled it one time and ended upside down.
Old 25-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Only a few that spring to mind are I think when Michael schumacher broke his legs back in 99
**** me, that only feels like yesterday.
Old 25-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #12
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

Quote:

Only a few that spring to mind are I think when Michael schumacher broke his legs back in 99 and Damon hill springs to mind when he rolled it one time and ended upside down.
How are you thinking they would make the cockpit? I'm not talking about an entire roll cage and everything here.

I'm talking about something that would be able to at least deflect or partially take some force away from the impact created by flying debris.

In any case, when a formula one car is upside down it is still hard to get out off. There have been crashes in the past where despite the fact that there was no roof, the drivers were still not able to escape before being killed by the flames, Roger Williamson to name one. They use a removal shell to keep the driver in anyway. All I am proposing is to make this slightly larger to cover the driver partially.
Old 26-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #13
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
How are you thinking they would make the cockpit? I'm not talking about an entire roll cage and everything here.

I'm talking about something that would be able to at least deflect or partially take some force away from the impact created by flying debris.

In any case, when a formula one car is upside down it is still hard to get out off. There have been crashes in the past where despite the fact that there was no roof, the drivers were still not able to escape before being killed by the flames, Roger Williamson to name one. They use a removal shell to keep the driver in anyway. All I am proposing is to make this slightly larger to cover the driver partially.
I don't think comparing Roger Williamson's death to massas accident is a very fair comparison.

Safety has come on leaps and bounds since then.

I cant picture ur idea at all so its difficult to comment on it but have you seen the latest cars they can barely see out of them.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-conten..._silv_2009.jpg