GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 09-07-2002, 11:35 PM   #61
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Jolt
In any other situation it could be different, but as it is, its just a website, she doesn't have her address or surname on their so she it's not like she'll get a crazed internet stalker following her home (unless you count Crispy and Teddy).

THEY ALL KNOW MY TERRIABLE SECRET NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo.................... ....
DJRobJones.Com - everything prog - email info@djrobjones.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 08:39 AM   #62
MaZ

Human Grunt

MaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura about
heey look i have a personal security krew in the form of Munk3hb0i Sec00ritee Ink.

err

how great
kiss me Monkey
please
and you NBK
i love you all
and jolt.........

dont worry about what crispy said... i enjoyed u grabbing my nads even tho i had to make it seem otherwise... there were too many straight people around
MaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 09:19 AM   #63
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
I have to say, Pasty's got a very valid point really.

Society is quite fcked up these days, and albeit you (Heli) cant be held responsible for other peoples actions but heres how Id view the situation.

You get some peverse guy, viewing your site, looking for some voyeristic action...buys you a gift, and gets nothing.

Sure you even state that you get nothing, but the fact is, that guy is gonna be a little frustrated at that.

Now the problem occurs when the guy in question is not completely in touch with himself (no pun intended). I mean having a screw loose.

Like Pasty mentions, its potentially cam whores n the like that have seemingly made a paedo culture more pronounced.

(Note: Im not saying its the sole cause or reason, more encouragement).

You are young, but you are already getting the kind of messages that make peoples skin crawl.

My sister is about 13/14 ( i can never remember). I do recall once letting her into a chat room on IRC, I was monitoring, but within seconds of entering a seemingly innocent channel she was bombarded with messages that I certainly wouldnt like her to see.

Needless to say, it got shut down pretty damn quickly.

My point is (I do get to the points eventually) that society has often become de-sensitised to such behaviour, because its behind the shadow of anonymity.

If your site was to cause some sexually frustrated man to commit a vicious crime on the fairer sex (obviously you couldnt be held accountable), would it make you think twice about what your doing?

Sure its hard to make assumptions and hypothesise like that but, just if a crime of a unstable character was linked to frustrations brought about by these cam-whore sites..

Anyway, thats my lecture over.

In retro spect, I appreciate your maturity in removing the "risque-content " from the site like you said.

Gambino: In fairness mate, if you had a problem with the matter, you should have talked to your sis about it.

Heli - you have a good knack for exploitation, in a decent company that could be a useful career prospect. (I dont mean exploiting urself.)

Colio

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:12 AM   #64
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
There is one other point I would like to add and that is the site is also a diary and pretty detailed one at that. If you were unlucky enough to get a stalker they could pretty much work out where you live. Not so much of a problem in the US but in the UK it only takes 6 to 8 hours to drive the full length of it.

You can get some real nut cases
The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own unless stated otherwise.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:27 AM   #65
Jolt

Human Grunt

Jolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enough
Might be a valid point, depends how much you want to read into things really.

She's got a homepage. She posts about her daily life on it. She also post's pictures of herself. To me, that would show creativity and confidence, two traits that shouldn't be discouraged in anyone. The Net in a fantastic new tool that should be embraced by the culture of today, and we shouldn't sit around worrying about the moral and social implications.

The idea that reading her site might cause some depraved individual to get so frustrated they'd go and commit a sex crime is a little bit far fetched. If a few semi-naked pictures of a 16 year old girl would do that then they're obviously a time-bomb waiting to go off.

And on a sidenote, even if Gamb had a problem with it, what could he do? When was the last time a younger brother or sister listened to you? :P

Also, answer me this. If it was Gambit's little brother doing all this, would anyone have a problem with it?

There are some 'nut cases' about, but they are an extreme minority and people shouldn't go around walking on eggshells so as not to set them off. There's probably a much higher chance of a girl getting sexually assaulted walking the street at night than having an internet stalker successfully locate, travel and harass someone with a homepage.

Last edited by Jolt; 10-07-2002 at 10:32 AM.
Jolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 11:51 AM   #66
NBK
Banned

Location: The center of the universe...more commonly known as Manchester
NBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these partsNBK is infamous around these parts
clicky clicky
NBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:25 PM   #67
Jolt

Human Grunt

Jolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enough
Ahh well, whatever sells papers I guess.

Last couple of years its been games turning people into psychopathic neo-nazi's. Bout time they found a new scape goat to take society's flak.
Jolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:32 PM   #68
heli

Scanner

heli is an unknown quantity at this point
yawn

*shudder* i've just woken up so havnt bothered to read all those articles..Yeh that is a real point,when i first had my website i was really carefull about what i said in my blog,like 'im going into town' rather than 'im going into poole' or something...but i guess it's kinda slacked,mmhmm should start being more careful about that..but yeh theres a risk,then again theres a risk with everything,trouble comes when you don't know where to draw the line...And that has to come from each individual...yep,it's a tough world we live in,but i love it
heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 11:31 PM   #69
Crispy Fry

Hopper Mine

Crispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura about
so you'll bite then will you heli?..........hmmm......Promise?
Crispy Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:06 AM   #70
heli

Scanner

heli is an unknown quantity at this point
no
heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 08:31 AM   #71
ShoX

Human Grunt

ShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura about
Crispy your such a stud :]

Rob
Old 11-07-2002, 08:43 AM   #72
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Well you know what they say.

Its not the size of your cock its the size of your avatar that counts..... well in crispys world anyway
Old 11-07-2002, 09:06 AM   #73
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute
lets just keep telling him that though yeh...
Old 11-07-2002, 01:15 PM   #74
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
Biology/cultural lesson Number 1,

listen up and learn kids. Make yourself look good and everyone else look bad.
----------------------------
Alpha Male principle.
---------------------------
I will be incharge of the back by being the best, and I want my image to show I'm the best so I can maintain pack dominance, keep the other males subordinate and I have free reign of the females.

Now we can't beat up guys and look macho anymore so we try to look good via social circles, sports / physical prowess, sexual conquest etc etc. Money or success == pack dominance, that why woman are attracted to rich geeks, or ugly-great musicians.
guys are very sensitive about their social positioning (ever see a guy argueing trying to get one over his mate?)

you get the idea.

-------------------------------
Alpha Female Principle.
-------------------------------
be in charge of the other females, by generaly keeping them inline (being bitchy), and being the alpha males's top bird.
naturally if you are the alhpa males woman and he gets beaten then you get kicked out too, the alpha female is flirty to the subordinate males and adds the hint of promiscuness to tantalise the other males, just in case they do become the alpha male.

all raise your right hands if you know a girl who is extra flirty and doesn't think it's wrong [boff raises both arms and waves them around visciously]
Not all women are like this, but we all know a good few that are.
==================================

80-90% of crime on the planet is caused by men (don't actually know if that figure is right, i just heard it once).

Because they are violent creatures trying be the alpha male.
add in culture /society /laws / pressure of how we should be acting and now how we want to be acting and you get some pretty messed up people, becuase the true alpha-male can not exist anymore. someone is always a better sports person than you, someone is always a better gamer than you, someone is smarter than you, someone is always funnier than you, richer than you, charming. The modern age has brought the world to our doorstep to us and the cocept that we are quiet nothing, but our little ego's get boisterous out of defiance as we can not concieve of this concept,
so we always reflect our achievement with friends as our little marker of how 'male' we are and guys don't like to loose this race,
being denied by a woman is an instant knock down on the scale say -100 points or something.

People are unpredictable, and can be dangerous. but if we hide in fear then they win, because their way goes unchallenged and it will persivere.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:31 PM   #75
Crispy Fry

Hopper Mine

Crispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura aboutCrispy Fry has a spectacular aura about
ok tell you what heli ....... I'll let you just sleep with me and not charge you for it because deep down I know you wish to but are too scared to ask. No no no honestly I dont mind....I'm quite happy to help out where I can you see.

As for the rest of you do you honestly think that I give a flying monkeys b0llock if she percieves me as letching perv or just a pr!ck??? If you do then I got news for you......I men for god sake if anyone of you for a minute thinks that you can get into heli's knickers just because you've kissed her butt on the mb and talked nicely to her here then you are very sorely mistaken. Get real this is a place where people say and do things they very rarely would in real life. Anyone can be anybody here.....for god sake look back at the incident between me and kippie a while ago! I had him believing I was 20 something year old buxom blonde and he worshipped the words I typed! It may well have been fun and a bit of a laugh but just goes to show how easy it is to be something your not in an enviroment like this.
The only ones I really pay any attention to around here are the ones I actually know in real life.....unfortunately thats quite a few oh well sometimes you just cant help it though
Crispy Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 05:58 PM   #76
Fishwick
Forum Volunteer

Location: Dance your cares away, worry's for another day. Let the music play, Down at Fraggle Rock!
Fishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished road
attention defecit disorder...

ohhhhh suits u sir
Fishwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 10:06 PM   #77
Ritz

Fast Headcrab

Ritz is an unknown quantity at this point
From what I can gather cam girl sites are pretty dodgy, its almost like minor prostitution.

Jolt made a good point with the selling of papers and insane people though, but you cant compare genders - girls at school were always shagging older men.

Now i'm older i'm not shagging school girls - is there something wrong with me, or were those guys ****ed up?
Old 12-07-2002, 09:34 AM   #78
RedFox

Poisonous Zombie

RedFox is an unknown quantity at this pointRedFox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ritz
...its almost like minor prost!tution.
...and whats wrong with prost!tution?!

/me looks away from Rash!

(i had to change one of the 'i' into a question mark because I'm replying at school and the sh!tty herts grid kicks in and stops me from replying!)
Old 12-07-2002, 09:35 AM   #79
RedFox

Poisonous Zombie

RedFox is an unknown quantity at this pointRedFox is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoops that was meant to say exclamation mark, not question mark, soz. maybe I should head off to english now!
Old 12-07-2002, 09:47 AM   #80
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Ahem

BUMP (498) :P