GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 05-05-2002, 05:57 PM   #1
Vertigo

Manhack

Vertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished roadVertigo is on a distinguished road
CS 1.4 Zoom and Wall hacks built in...

http://www.ukterrorist.com/comments/...type=n&id=1828

check it, shame but there ya go.

:/
Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 07:12 PM   #2
PoJMasTa

Houndeye

PoJMasTa is an unknown quantity at this point
Think theres a fix out for that already

Bit dumb of Valve really tho (whatever happened to that Steam anti cheat thing )
Old 06-05-2002, 12:12 AM   #3
FusioN

Human Grunt

FusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this point
LMFAO.. and i thought lambert was bad
Old 06-05-2002, 02:09 AM   #4
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough
huh, i remember that hack, yeah, strangely i live in a hall of the same name here at uni ;/

My views, no one else's

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 7x400 @ 2.8Ghz // Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro // 4Gb Crucial Ballistix PC6400 1:1 5-5-5-18 // Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 // BFG GeForce 8800GT OC2 675/1950/1674 // 750Gb Total Storage // LG 194WT 19" Widescreen Monitor
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 02:23 AM   #5
Jolt

Human Grunt

Jolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enough
lambert -1.01

I remember racking up the kills on 747, camped on the top of the dorsal fin on the plane with an awp and lambert on.

Oh the memories.
Jolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 09:42 AM   #6
Fishwick
Forum Volunteer

Location: Dance your cares away, worry's for another day. Let the music play, Down at Fraggle Rock!
Fishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished road
i reckon they added it so they could charge ppl 10$ a month to activate it .

they have given up fighting it and decided to leeche (sierra stylee) off the cheating idea
Fishwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 06:36 PM   #7
HoBo

Zombie

HoBo will become famous soon enoughHoBo will become famous soon enoughHoBo will become famous soon enoughHoBo will become famous soon enoughHoBo will become famous soon enoughHoBo will become famous soon enoughHoBo will become famous soon enoughHoBo will become famous soon enoughHoBo will become famous soon enoughHoBo will become famous soon enough
I think it's probably just part of the code used in the new map view thing. Just sloppy coding as far as I can tell. Still thats another version of CS ruined, will we ever get one that works on all levels!?
Lesson #1

n00b player = newbie; player of limited experience and therefore lacking the corresponding skills.

crap player = someone who despite hundreds of hours experience has failed to develop the corresponding skills.
HoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 08:33 PM   #8
Pegster

Bullsquid

Pegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura about
I played cs 1.4 for the first time today and I can officially say its pretty sucky - cs imo was fine at 1.3 just a nice balance - when I'm playing the new one the jumping and stuff don't bother me

It's all the colourful crap and the viewpoints when u dead , the hitboxes seem off as well and its generally been n00bified
Old 09-05-2002, 12:00 AM   #9
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
Personally I find it being playable again for the first time since version 5.2

The guns have been noobi-fied, ooh yeah, they have been Balanced. good or bad ?? I say good, but it means leet players get to arse kick with puppy cuddling weapons.

(HINT TRY THE PARA )

but I'm getting the style of gameplay online that I was used to pre 6.0

that was when they de-balanced the weapons for a more personal scatter approach.

two years later they re-balance the weapons.

The death thing.
it makes the game nice to view when your dead.

It's nice to have a map of a few of these areas.

Granted a little more tweeking maybe.

I also like the bullet spray appearing on both sides of the thin wall you shoot at, (got a number of kills in assault this way)
and you get to see the spray on the final wall they hit.
Nice touch, very handy when you are being shot at so you can predict firing patterns.

Maps may need a re-think both Pasty and Minister stated the T's side if f'cked up in prodigy as the reduced jump speed makes it impossible to get THROUGH the glass window in time, thus giving the CT's an easy early target.

haven't noticed anything about hit boxes, they seam alright to me.

at least none of the models aren't doing the monkey dance, or decided that when you awp'd them then they topple over and then get back up again and shoot you. (hmmm 6.2)

speaking of 6.2
but what ever happened to.

VIP venice(?) it had canals and boats.
VIP jungle type thing (I hated that map, fun sometimes, utter b1tch other times)

ESCAPE maps, subway and prison.

They needed a little more fine tuning for them to work, but NO they were to distinct a gameplay change an no bugger would play-em.
A map like cs_italy would be cool for a VIP map.

Call me an old timer, but
cs_wpn_depot
cs_sneak
cs_docks
cs_mansion (like an old c64 game you go retro and think why did we play this lame thing originally)
Need I mention DELTA assault.

these were COOL maps, they had an air of NOT too well designed and so had an edgy feel about them.
Overly un-balanced, the game tended to get stuck in places.
but THAT's what made them FUN!!!!

plus with the gun's re-balanced these maps would be playable again.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:47 AM   #10
Pegster

Bullsquid

Pegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura about
cs_docks back on the old GO servers brings back many happy memories camping in the sewer in beta 5.2 with the zoomed carbine lol

How cs has been wrecked since then :/

Tbh although i preferred the days of playing 5.2/5.3 with the fun element 1.3 was still playable - I just coudln't get into 1.4 b4 but I'll give it another go!

Probably be good if we could bring back the old maps pre 1.0 and play em next lan?
Old 09-05-2002, 08:47 AM   #11
Teddy

Combine Soldier

Teddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura aboutTeddy has a spectacular aura about
DOCKS DOCKS DOCKS :P

I so love that map
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 08:51 AM   #12
Fishwick
Forum Volunteer

Location: Dance your cares away, worry's for another day. Let the music play, Down at Fraggle Rock!
Fishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished roadFishwick is on a distinguished road
aint DL it , may grab it at a LAN in the near future.

""speaking of 6.2
but what ever happened to.
VIP venice(?) it had canals and boats.
VIP jungle type thing (I hated that map, fun sometimes, utter b1tch other times)"

the jungle map was AS_forest (if u mean the one with the big mounted machine guns near the escape points, and awaterfall at the start)

and i can only assume venice is as_riverside (cos its the only VIP i remember with boats ) i used to luv that map as VIP, specially wen u got the handgun, could escape 9 times out of 10
Fishwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 03:24 PM   #13
MaZ

Human Grunt

MaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura about
I vote we should all download 5.2 or 6.1, grab all the (decent) compatible maps from later versions, and bully rash into hosting a 5.2 server

would be soo l33t
MaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 08:46 PM   #14
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough
hmm, if u want truly great old style map, the best one imho, is cs_desert!!

0wnage map!!!

err, docks was genius! I agree with boff, a bit more tweaking on the as/es levels would have been good!!

anyone remember es_trinity...had a church with a stained glass window to shoot it was HUGE! was crap cos no-one liked it, so u only ever got 6 player games and it was too easy

Delta assault was fantastic aswell, was delta assault about when the carbine had zoom??

mmm, silent automatic zoomed death...mmmmm

mansion was good!

but not all that long ago...still in a-levels, i played a map that was AMAZING, had all kinds of traps and stuff, and water and things...is a cs map, and there are guns dotted about the level, but it's almost pitch black

oh yeah, that reminds me...bring back the original 747, that was genius, i loved that map!! Played it to death on wireplay!!

I think Crisps should re-release his 32 player map for the next lan, and the other one he did...the serious one!! Now that was a huge well designed map, and the one with th lorries...genius!!

Big up propz for da crispster!!

anyway, enuff for now!

l8rs

My views, no one else's

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 7x400 @ 2.8Ghz // Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro // 4Gb Crucial Ballistix PC6400 1:1 5-5-5-18 // Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 // BFG GeForce 8800GT OC2 675/1950/1674 // 750Gb Total Storage // LG 194WT 19" Widescreen Monitor
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 09:53 PM   #15
MaZ

Human Grunt

MaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura about
Metal_Ed i think that was called 12.bsp
Crispy tells me it got up to 18.bsp

The serious map was cs_centre.bsp (iirc) and i have it if anybody wants it
MaZ is offline   Reply With Quote