GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > Web Site: Updates & Problems

Web Site: Updates & Problems Noticed a problem with the GameGrin site or unsure how to use a feature? Post in here for more information.

Old 21-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Apologies for the downtime on the site this morning.

At around 6.35am this morning
there was a roughly 5 minute downtime on the main GameOn site

I would love to say something complex here on how this happened, but the truth is, it was a mix of a new mouse and using a Linux GUI file manager
I managed to move the enter folder, took me 5 minutes to find where i had dumped it by mistake

Wont happen again

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apologies for the downtime on the site this morning.

Thats what you get for being a Linux user...

Dons flame proof coat...

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Thats what you get for being a Linux user...

Dons flame proof coat...
Yeah, always the downside, Linux is great for web servers, but can be hard to managed.
we have had some talks over the last number of months (mainly with Olly) about moving our systems to win32, there is a lot of software (the web sites themselves and the new ones) which would require 3rd party software to get it working and a lot of scripts re-written.
Its something were looking at, just don't have the time to put it all in
plus i know the security side better on Linux that i do on win32 these days.

any hows, isn't this coming from a MAC user

Follow me on Twitter
Old 21-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Why does it not surprise me Olly is pushing you to go Windows

Anyhow there's a big difference from using Mac hardware and using OSX on it

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

lol, will let you off then

I would move to win32 tomorrow, if we had 3/4 admins who know it like the back of their hand, as Olly is getting busier and busier , don't want to put the pressure on just one person (like it is now with me)
Saying that, we have taken on some Linux boffs over the last 2 months
and a another new one starts tomorrow (so you cant blame me if the site goes down)

Follow me on Twitter