GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion > Tech Chat > Hardware Discussion

Hardware Discussion Discuss Hardware and ask for unsupported help

Old 08-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
JackMT

Headcrab

JackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enough
Didn't need vista? Wireless receiver problem.

Right so I thought I had somehow messed up XP so that my wireless reciever would be blocked from connecting to the internet somehow, Now since I installed Vista I realised it wasnt the operating system at all just the actual reciever. Whats happening is that I can connect to the network, but I get the limited connectivity bubble pop up and cannot get connected to the internet. I'm perfectly in range of the router (directly below me) and it worked previously in the same position. Done all driver updates and tried the repair tool. Any ideas?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Didn't need vista? Wireless receiver problem.

Ok the limited connection shows your not being fed an IP address from the wireless router/dhcp server.

Does your wireless have DHCP enabled?

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
mole

Human Grunt

mole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura about

I was having problems with a belkin wireless card the other day, kept on having to repair the connection to get an IP, because it just kept dropping to limited connection every 10 mins

I took the wireless card back.

I'm on vista.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

I have a similar problem @ home with my laptop nic. Only device in the house with the problem.

Can be connected fine, then BAM connection drops and limited connectivity is displayed. Its a PITA, but a reboot sorts it.

CBA to source a new card yet...its a minor inconvenience to me....(oh thats on XP )

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
JackMT

Headcrab

JackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enough

I'll try another adapter I have, but it's a pre-production wireless-n adapter from speedtouch so I don't know if I'll be able to source a driver online.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
Milky

Antlion

Milky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colio View Post
I have a similar problem @ home with my laptop nic. Only device in the house with the problem.

Can be connected fine, then BAM connection drops and limited connectivity is displayed. Its a PITA, but a reboot sorts it.

CBA to source a new card yet...its a minor inconvenience to me....(oh thats on XP )
I think I've got a spare PCMCIA NIC at home.. I'll take a look later and give you a bell.

WE GOT TEH 1!!!!!!!! VAAAUUUNNNTTTT!!!!!!
Milky is offline   Reply With Quote