GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 16-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold
Three Mobile

Exaplained in full on the 3g forum.

Basically, I have an n96 with three, but don't get on with it all that well, so have got a SIM free sony ericsson 3g phone to use instead.. It will be set up to use the UTMS 3g band whenever available and use all of Three's default access points.. Should be simple - but no! Three are banning Three customers SIM cards when they use a 3g handset not issued by Three!!

Utter disgrace in my opinion, I pay for the airtime and the N96 in my contract fee, so why on earth should I not be able to use an additional handset purchased privately..

ANGER!!
Old 16-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Three Mobile

that is gay
Old 17-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

So don't tell them? I don't think there's any way they can find out is there?
Old 17-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
So don't tell them? I don't think there's any way they can find out is there?
The IMEI number in the phone records all that info. I'm not sure they can get that information just over the airwaves.
Roger_Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Mellie View Post
The IMEI number in the phone records all that info. I'm not sure they can get that information just over the airwaves.
The IMEI is transmitted to the Three network periodically. Three preregister all Three Handset IMEI's so if a non-registered handset shows up on the network they can see it.
Old 17-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Change network?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #7
Vale

Vortigaunt

yep
Old 17-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #8
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute

Ring them and tell them that if they don't allow you to use your own handset, you'll leave for another network. If they say, "So leave" then you've not lost anything. On the other hand, they might say, "Ok, seeing as it's you, use the handset of your choice." It would save you a lot of upheaval for the sake of a phone call. You're still a paying customer and it's worth trying the "I'd like to speak to your supervisor" tactic to try and see what they'll do for you.
Roger_Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #9
Vale

Vortigaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Mellie View Post
Ring them and tell them that if they don't allow you to use your own handset, you'll leave for another network. If they say, "So leave" then you've not lost anything. On the other hand, they might say, "Ok, seeing as it's you, use the handset of your choice." It would save you a lot of upheaval for the sake of a phone call. You're still a paying customer and it's worth trying the "I'd like to speak to your supervisor" tactic to try and see what they'll do for you.
http://forums.gamegrin.com/showthread.php?t=38521

Vodafone here I come!!
Old 18-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't there a 'cooling off period' with your 3 contract?
iirc most of the networks offer it (if you're not happy with the service you can cancel it and give everything back providing it's within the first 30 days)
Also, did you 'buy' the contract in a shop or was it all done over the phone (as afaik in that instance wouldn't the distance selling regulations kick in and also give you the cooling off period)?
olobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #11
Vale

Vortigaunt

three are ****holes.... the cooling off is fine, but I would have to get in to an argument over the handset as I have used it:

On a brighter note, I have had the Three USIM in my X1 for 24hrs now and they haven't done anything (yet)
Old 19-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

If its DSR then it doesnt matter if you have used it, Send them a letter telling them you want to return it under DSR and send it recorded so you get a signature and your fine.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote