GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself First time on our forums, introduce yourself & tell us a bit about you.

Old 20-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
Hello GameGrin!

Hi all,

Very pleased to find out I can get to this site through my work filters. My open plan office and very visible desk may mean I only get on at lunchtimes, but right now I'm the only one here.

I'm 28, I live in Newcastle and I love games. I've been gaming for as long as can I remember.

I've always split my time between consoles and PCs but I recently persuaded the missus to let me hook my PC up to the big TV downstairs and its getting most of my attention these days.

I discovered Minecraft this weekend. Obviously I've heard a lot about it but was never really tempted by the concept. Now that I have tried it for myself I can see it coming a real addiction.

Last edited by Ewok; 20-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello GameGrin!

Welcome to the Forums , What sort of games d'you play on the PC?
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold

Right now I'm in an RPG mood. Kingdom's of Amalur Reckoning and Mass Effect 2 are on my currently playing list (I play too many games at once) with Minecraft on the side.

In general I play a fairly wide range. I like a bit FPS, tried some Crysis recently. I bought it on release but my system couldn't really do it justice. Years later I've finally caught up with the tech and it's beautiful.

I also like a bit of strategy - I'm always going back to Galactic Civilizations 2 and the Total War games. Got a Shogun 2 game saved about half way through which is going well.

What about you? What games keep you busy?
Old 20-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

I've just been on SWTOR at the moment really. Not been playing too many
Old 20-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Ewok

Human Grunt

I was tempted by SWTOR, but I must keep myself away from MMOs. I know I have an addictive personality when it comes to gaming and investing in a game with no definitive end point would leave me little time to enjoy other titles.
Old 20-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

TOR TOR TOR TOR TOR TOR TOR

Ahem. Welcome to the forums.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
TOR TOR TOR TOR TOR TOR TOR

Ahem. Welcome to the forums.
Close, but it's actually http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tora_Tora_Tora
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
Ewok

Human Grunt

Meh, doesn't look as good as the Ben Affleck version
Old 20-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
Ewok

Human Grunt

Hey DA! Nice to see an Amazon regular here. Any of the other fellas post on this board?
Old 20-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Timmy very occasionally. Although I think he's well and truly deserted us in favour of NG now. Burty was here very briefly, but I think he fled back to Amazon, or also to NG, not too sure.

EDIT - actually, how did you come across this place?
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

I think it's safe to say, You are currently winning the Pedo Tache.
Old 20-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
Ewok

Human Grunt

Kaostic - Haha. I love that picture. The tash is not a regular, I was shaving off a goatee and decided to experiment with a few looks - admit it, we've all tried it.

DA - I too flirted with the NowGamer forum and stuck with it for a while. It was no good for work though a it got caught by filters and it was not iPhone friendly. This forum seems to manage both (with the Tapatalk app anyway).
Old 21-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #13
Billys Gates

Scanner

Billys Gates is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome from another new guy!
Billys Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
Ewok

Human Grunt

Hi Billy. So you like multiplayer FPS? Any games on particular? What do you play them on?
Old 21-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #15
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
This forum seems to manage both (with the Tapatalk app anyway).
Yay for TapATalk
Old 21-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
I think it's safe to say, You are currently winning the Pedo Tache.
I was about to type something very similar until I read you'd beaten me to it.
Old 21-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #17
Ewok

Human Grunt

I'm not feeling the love for the tash that it deserves. Perhaps I require a different avatar picture.
Old 21-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #18
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps one that doesn't like your blowing seductive raspberries at an 8 year old.
Old 21-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #19
Ewok

Human Grunt

I'm shocked. I've been here 5 minutes and you have already stifled my individuality

Fine. Here is a picture of my cat instead
Old 21-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #20
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
I'm shocked. I've been here 5 minutes and you have already stifled my individuality

Fine. Here is a picture of my cat instead
Nice pussy.. Sorry. somebody had to.