GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 19-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
The Podcast

Hi everyone

For those of you who have listen to the first podcast
A massive thanks for all the feedback so far.

One of the things we are really interested in is the length (i bet a lot of you hear that a lot) of the show.

The 1st Show came out at 15 minute
we have about 3 or 4 other shows ready, which seem to be coming out at around the same length.
We have found, its either 1 topic for 15 minute (for the big topics)
Or 3 topics per 15 minutes for the smaller topics.

We just wanted to know your views on this 15 minutes
  • Is it long enough?
  • or is it too long?
Did you get bored with it?

Also,
  • Do you listen to this (or plan to)
  • At Home
  • At Work
  • Traveling (headphones etc)
  • Other
If you haven't listen to the podcast yet, you can listen in here

Please note
Feed back for the podcast episode see here
Feed back for new ideas etc for the podcast, see here

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Podcast

IMHO, FAR too short.

Im just getting into it and boom its over. lol. (Ask Liz about that feeling)

Could do with more than one subject covered.

I listen at Home and have the current one on my Phone too. lmao.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

ok cool
something else worth bringing up
Would you prefer we did them 15 mins long and released more than 1 a week

Follow me on Twitter
Old 19-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

30mins and once a week.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

mainly listen at home, 15mins seems ok, imho 30mins might be too much for me personally, would really depend on the subject(s).
If you are going to 30mins then deffo would need a slider to rewind etc.
fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

For me 15 minutes is just about right. You can cover a subject in reasonable depth in that time.
Old 20-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

I like 15 minutes based on the idea of convenience. I think its important that the podcasts are something you could listen to easily during your day, sat taking a break with a coffee or taking a walk to the shop etc.

If you had to plan some time to sit and listen to a longer podcast it may become tedious for some people would be my main concern.

Maybe special edition podcasts that are longer when a warranting topic is available could be good, a major game release or something big changing in the games community etc?
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

The length was good I think, I hazed in & out of listening about the middle but that's probably just me.
I will be listening to them at college but atm, Home.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

a new player has now been added
You can now scroll through the podcast,
So if you didn't quite hear what was said, you can now go back
(trust me, you are going to need it for next weeks one.... with Wedge... double checking what he said...says.... but that is next weeks)

Follow me on Twitter