GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > GameGrin Website Content

GameGrin Website Content Any feedback questions, FAQs, Ideas

Old 29-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
kirkules

Fast Zombie

kirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura about
Metro: Last Light PS3 Review

A new game review has just been added

Metro: Last Light PS3 Review

Visit here to read more

Snippet:
<p>Having missed the 2010 release of Metro 2033, I came into this sequel with virgin eyes. Beyond knowing that the game was a post-apocalyptic, first-person shooter, set in - and around - the Russian metro tunnels during the fallout of nuclear war, I didn’t know what to expect.</p>

......Read More

Check out my writing career on my blog: www.reviewsbykirk.wordpress.com
kirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Adam2208

Barnacle

Adam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enough
Re: Metro: Last Light PS3 Review

Metro 2033 is awesome and I hope this is too, judging from your review and the score, I'm probably right in saying that I'll enjoy this.

More importantly though: I love the Bane quote early on
Adam2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

I like how you have to pay extra for the harder difficulty.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

I tried my hand at Metro 2033 the other day and, whilst I enjoyed the first hour, I didn't stick with it past that. I'm not sure what it was but I couldn't get into it.

I'd be interested to hear from somebody who has played both and the comparisons between them. From what you've written, Kirk, they seem fairly similar. You could mess with lighting in the 2033 and stuff like that. Plat also said that there were some issues revolving around the PC version which I'd like to hear more about.

It seems like a game that I would enjoy just sitting down for a weekend and hammering through but no more than that really. Either that, or something to play at 3AM at a LAN.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Also, for those that have played both, is this a direct sequel? Do I need to have played the previous one to get more into the story of this one or does it not matter too much?
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
The Griddler

Poisonous Zombie

The Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura aboutThe Griddler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Also, for those that have played both, is this a direct sequel? Do I need to have played the previous one to get more into the story of this one or does it not matter too much?
I've completed 2033, not played Last Light yet, but I know that it takes place after the events of 2033, continuing with the protagonist from the first game.

As I said, I haven't played the new game yet but some pretty important stuff happens in 2033 so it'll probably tie in to Last Light's story. I imagine the game will have a recap or something to get new players up to speed though.
The Griddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
I like how you have to pay extra for the harder difficulty.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...th_metro_last/

Worth a read, sounds like BS to me but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
I tried my hand at Metro 2033 the other day and, whilst I enjoyed the first hour, I didn't stick with it past that. I'm not sure what it was but I couldn't get into it.

I'd be interested to hear from somebody who has played both and the comparisons between them. From what you've written, Kirk, they seem fairly similar. You could mess with lighting in the 2033 and stuff like that. Plat also said that there were some issues revolving around the PC version which I'd like to hear more about.

It seems like a game that I would enjoy just sitting down for a weekend and hammering through but no more than that really. Either that, or something to play at 3AM at a LAN.
Ahh so that was you on FB

I think the PC issues revolved around it being a very quick port and not a huge amount of features, there was a really good thread on Reddit about it but cant find it now.

The game itself looks pretty decent though and if your not fussed about playing the realism mode then it should be great.

Given that I havent really played the first one to much and the DLC thing is just total bullshit to me ill leave it.

No doubt people will pay the extra for something that should be in the game though, shame.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
kirkules

Fast Zombie

kirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura aboutkirkules has a spectacular aura about

I've not enjoyed a game this much for a while, but I am a massive stealth nut. I'm also a sucker for immersion.

Check out my writing career on my blog: www.reviewsbykirk.wordpress.com
kirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...th_metro_last/

Worth a read, sounds like BS to me but who knows.
Yeah, it's always easier to put the blame on somebody else.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkules View Post
I've not enjoyed a game this much for a while, but I am a massive stealth nut. I'm also a sucker for immersion.
Ill try and get 2033 done in my time off and get this when its on a Steam sale.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
VIKINGS

Snark

VIKINGS is on a distinguished roadVIKINGS is on a distinguished roadVIKINGS is on a distinguished roadVIKINGS is on a distinguished roadVIKINGS is on a distinguished roadVIKINGS is on a distinguished roadVIKINGS is on a distinguished road

Played the demo for about 5 mins, lost interest.
VIKINGS is offline   Reply With Quote