GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 22-06-2001, 04:02 AM   #1
FusioN

Human Grunt

FusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this point
Post VERY interesting read

http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm

a VERY interesting, and VERY VERY long read.. if yer not facinated by trojans/net attacks/firewalls and such, it'll bore you into tears.

although sad, it totally facinates me tho, as i used to be well into this sorta stuff many moons ago.

if yer on broadband, or even dialup and always connected, its definetely worth a read.

cool stuff
Old 22-06-2001, 04:14 AM   #2
FusioN

Human Grunt

FusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this pointFusioN is an unknown quantity at this point
btw, even if you skip most of it (which u shouldnt if you have time cos this guy is pure genius), you MUST read about half way down, when he starts to get curious about how everything works, infects his own laptop, and traces all the actions which eventually leads upto him spying on what he refers to as a "zombie master", and actually having an irc chat with him..

i swear, it's sad as hell, but i dont think ive ever read anything as gripping and interesting, or had any ammount of respect for the sheer class and cleverness of the guy who wrote all that.

the hacker in the channel seems both totally crapping himself, at the same time as having the utmost respect for him.

its obvious the hacker is no newbie, and yet this guy has totally leveled him downto one practically

awesome.
Old 22-06-2001, 04:22 AM   #3
FusioN

Human Grunt

another tidbit if yer too lazy to read it all:

blackice stops none of the kinda attacks you REALLY dont want.

zonealarm does.

so if you got BI on now, i'd go download Zonealarm (it's free btw)
Old 22-06-2001, 06:25 AM   #4
Jolt

Human Grunt

Jolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enoughJolt will become famous soon enough
Bloody hell that stuff is crazy man. I mean I've been using PCs since I was really young, I don't know how long specifically but my earliest memory is playing 'Gods' a pretty cool fantasy plaformer if anyone remembers it and getting Duke Nukem off a cover disc and finishing it.

Anyways.

Just reading that stuff it says that that 'Wicked' kid was hacking government servers when he was 8! I mean ****, what was I doing at 8? Like finger painting and stuff. But this kid was in trouble with the FBI? I'm 18 and I can't even fathom some of the stuff this kid is doing. Is it that I'm really stupid or he's really smart?
Jolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2001, 07:21 AM   #5
FusioN

Human Grunt

thing is tho, we were born into an age where gaming was just about starting to become quite widespread.. at 5 i was playing arcades and amstrads..

what about people younger than us? especially kids like now, PCs being what they are and common place.

i mean, if you or me or anyone our age have kids (god forbid), they'll most definetely have access to a computer i bet.

people from our era are gamers i think, pure and focused "game players". the kids are gonna be "computer users".. a totally different ballgame in my mind.

a gamer does that, plays games. over the years they get better and better, but ultimately, they play games, you can learn to predict what most players will do, you can become as accurate as possible, but in the end, thats all you do.

a computer user however has alot more to play with and get used to, and a far wider scope of things to do (including the above).

being honest, im not surprised, but i also smell a bit of BS from that Wicked, as he also said he created his own bots, and wasnt a trojan llama, when infact he didnt create his own bots, and he IS a trojan llama.

hacking, and using bots and trojans, although often labeled the same, and in totally different leagues.

anyone can do what that wicked has done, its very easy, very simple, and even if you cant use the *rofl* user interface and a hex editor like wicked has, there's documentation everywhere..

this guy isnt a hacker, mearly a kid with some toys he found, then jumped in irc and asked for more. it prooves he's even more stupid cos if he's telling the truth, he got caught
Old 22-06-2001, 11:05 AM   #6
ShoX

Human Grunt

ShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura about
Read that ages ago, bloody excelent stuff.. that bloke is truly amazing.
Old 22-06-2001, 01:54 PM   #7
Pegster

Bullsquid

Pegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura about
wow - just read the whole thing - kinda gripping!

That ^Boss^ musta shat himself when the grc.com fella popped in for a chat
Old 22-06-2001, 02:02 PM   #8
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
I read that a while back.

Excellent coverage.

almost pi55ed meself when I saw him begging people to stop attacks on his website.

C

[ 22 June 2001: Message edited by: Colio ]

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2001, 08:11 PM   #9
g^

Fast Zombie

g^ is an unknown quantity at this pointg^ is an unknown quantity at this point
That is some ****! cant believe it, gotta be proud coz he kinda owned em tho
Old 23-06-2001, 12:38 AM   #10
Dante

Fast Zombie

Dante is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah like my big theory. If we travelled ahead in time to like Star Trek time then all the kids would own us in intelligence. Its rambling and utter made (Like what Boff would post ).

Just finished reading this article when my mate said he had virus on his computer called 7 something