GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > GameGrin Theme Nights

GameGrin Theme Nights Online Gaming Events. All types of games planned. Please see posts for more information

Closed Thread

Old 28-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Saturday 29th Dec / Night Time - CoD4

Server IP : 85.234.131.13:28960
Start time : 7pm
Patch : 1.4
=====
1.4 (70 meg) Mirror 1
1.4 (70 meg) Mirror 2

PunkBuster Enabled : Yes
Due to problems "punk buster" will be disabled this tonight, but an admin will be on all the time.

To connect either find the game name in servers (gamegrin.com)
or pull down the console and type in
"Connect 85.234.131.13:28960"

Feel Free to meet up with us in the Teamspeak server (coms)
(teamspeak.gamegrin.com)
We will be in the CoD4 channel, password for channel = gameon (all lower case)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Rasher; 29-12-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 28-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
I'll try to get on but I play for 5 minutes or so and Shitbuster kicks me from the game saying something like "ignoring MD5 tools" or "ignoring queries #9006". I have a proper retail copy and all that but no matter how much I upgrade, patch, auto-patch the thing it just won't let me play for any reasonable amount of time.

Having Google'd there are a lot of people with a similar problem, especially since the 1.4 patch.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 28-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
that sounds like punkbuster playing up

It did it to me when i joined to test the server last night
but luckily i remember i had killed some punkbuster process (in task manager) to save on some ram (+ a load of other)
and because i dont reboot my pc often punkbuster wasnt running (i just rebooted to fix this)

So my 1st question to you would be
did you install punkbuster when you installed CoD4 (if your not sure, install it again)

If you did install then might be worth googling firewall settings (if you have one running)
see if thats stopping it working.

Keep us updated pls and ta for testing

Follow me on Twitter
Old 28-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
What I know so far if you are having issues:

1) Check in task manager (preferably when CoD4 is running) to make sure you have two processes running, something to the effect of "PunkBustrA" and "PunkBustrB". If these aren't running then Punkbuster can't connect to the server and will then have a spaz, ending up with you out of the game with "PB init_failure".

2) If all appears to be ok, run "pbsetup" on the DVD manually. Test the service from there. If you have problems, re-install it from there or just do it anyway to make sure.

3) Manually update PB with this app from Even Balance (the makers of PB.) Add the CoD4 profile and click the update button.

4) Open up port: #28962 (UDP) on your router to allow PB traffic. (For help on this: PortForward.com)

5) If you're still stuck, browse to your CoD4 install directory and delete the PB folder. Re-run the PB update app and it will download all config files as new.

6) Disable Windows' (chocolate) Firewall. It can cause more problems than it solves. If you have a firewall'd router then you'll be 99.9% safe. If hackers can bypass your router's firewall, you're pretty much fucked anyway.

7) Restart your PC.

Having done all the above a few times in different combinations, I've played on 2 full maps on a server and not got booted. It could just be the way the wind was blowing when I first tried to play, I don't know. Having said that, there are too many problems for so many people for it to be a coincidence.

Hope the above helps.
Old 28-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

going to restart the server in a moment without punk
will shout when its done, if u can tell me if that works

Follow me on Twitter
Old 28-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #6
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

ok done
(we had loads of problems at the LAN with punkbuster not disabling its self)

Can you try that and let me know if it worked

Follow me on Twitter
Old 28-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Seems to be ok. I think I've cleared whatever it was that was causing a problem.
Old 28-12-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all
punk buster dont seem up to job anyway check you tube for video's of cheats seems to be lot of go already another game killed by lamers
Old 28-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #9
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
What kind of game will it be, Team Deathmatch of some sorts?
Old 28-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

were change it on the fly in the server by a vote

Follow me on Twitter
Old 28-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
um,
So I 'purchased' CoD4 for tomorrow night (I should be in...) via Steam, and noticed something rather disturbing:

Anyone else see the problem here?
It would appear that I have a 'subscription' to CoD4...anyone know what exactly that is and how it's different to 'buying' the game?
Old 28-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #12
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by olobley View Post
Anyone else see the problem here?
You mean other than paying $74?
Old 28-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #13
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
You mean other than paying $74?
Meh,
Hit my card for 35, which is only marginally more than buying it through Game, and my time is worth more than the fiver I'd save to get dressed, showered, tootle into Uxbridge and pick it up there
Old 28-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #14
Roger_Mellie
Banned

I think they use "subscription" to mean your Steam account.
Old 28-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #15
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
Weee bought the limited edition PC version from oxford street game for 24 today
Old 28-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #16
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone know what folder your online / multipleyer stats are located?, I need to uninstall my "trial version" and install my boxed version but dont want to loose my stats I got at the lan

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 28-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #17
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Just change your CD key under the options menu
Old 28-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #18
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all
you will lose your online stats we did when we changed wife key
Old 29-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #19
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute
I will purchase a copy tomorrow me thinks, that is if i'm not coughing a lung up
Old 29-12-2007, 12:18 AM   #20
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Just change your CD key under the options menu
Will have a look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
you will lose your online stats we did when we changed wife key
Ghey

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Closed Thread